Part 7.5

Knock knock.

A great ruckus was heard from behind the door. With heavy, loud steps, something was approaching. Something big.

The door opened slowly with a sinister creak and out of it came a blonde man with very bright eyes, wearing a panda costume.

Nobody dared to say a word while the host checked them out from head to toes. He seemed particularly interested in Taddus' outfit.

"Ye're da stripper dudes?" He asked. "Why ya got all stripped already?"

"Strippers?" Said the heroic duo at the unison.

"Yeah dudes, ye'd better be 'cuz da party ain't gonna be da same with no strippers. Sure, ye ain't looking much fo' strippers. An' what's this smell? Did someone bake a cake in his pants?"

"That'd be me, dude sir." Said Puzu.

"What's that thing?" Asked the man raising a panda finger towards Puzu.

"Manure." Explained the hero. "You see, I am self-employed, I work with field-enrichment products which, by the way, are also extremely good in the cosmetic sector; as a mousse it keep your hair fluffy and fixed, as a cream it keeps your skin young and shades you from the sun; also, it wards off predators. We believe manure to be..."

The blonde man interrupted him. "Dude, dude! Can't ya just play firefighter an' cop?"

"We are no strippers!" Shouted Taddus with his royal authority, the same authority he used to order his meals. "I am Taddus, Prince of Warka."

"Dude, Prince? That's on! That's so on! Ok, ye're in, but manure guy here is a big no-no."

"We're a team, get both or get none." Claimed the prince.

Puzu couldn't believe his ears. Prince Taddus, the heir to the throne, had just stood up for him.

The blonde man sighed with resignation. "Dude, that's mean, it leaves me no choice! Alrighty then, have it yer way. Bye, see ya." He slammed the door on the team's faces.

"It's over." Announced the prince with resignation. "It's over, my manure friend. We are defeated. I, Taddus Cauliflower of Warka, mighty warrior, prince and heir to the throne of King Bandas, I've finally come to know defeat."

"Cauliflower?" Asked Puzu. "Anyway, you knew defeat when that brigand disarmed you and tied you up."

"Minor details, my valiant companion."

Puzu noticed something on the wall, something that turned the whole situation upside-down.

"Look, it says civic number n.14. This is Dark Lane n.14, not n.13! It's the wrong door!"

Hope came back to shine, like those flashlights you would put on your bicycle; they go on and off and flash the driver who skids, swerves and goes off-road crashing against a tree, never making it on time for his kid's birthday causing a trauma of abandon to the child who will grow up with a constant sense of inferiority and insecurity until, one day, all the darkness he kept inside explodes into tragedy and does the fatal, irreversible mistake of buying a bicycle and installing a flashlight on it. 

A/N: Hi there, if you liked this chapter and if I made you laugh, giggle or just chuckle a bit, please consider giving it a vote.Thank you!See you in the next Part.