Supposed to do.

"It's been a while, huh? I don't know why I haven't visited, I've been busy but there was always a time I could have came, I just...didn't." He paused. "Everyone's great, Jimin and Yoongi hyung got engaged and Hobi hyung actually got a boyfriend." Jeongguk chuckled, the sound foreign to him.

"Namjoon hyung finally got his book published, you would love to read it. It was amazing, Jin hyung never looked so proud. I finally graduated college, it took me a while but I did it. You always said that I should never give up, and I didn't. Even when times were rough."

Jeongguk looked around the room, trying to find something else to say.

"My parents visited me, told me how proud they were. My sister facetimed me but she couldn't come down since she's still in school. I didn't mind though, I'm just glad she called. " there was a short pause.

"Oh Jinnie hyung finally turned in the adoption papers, Jimin was able to convince him that it'd be okay. Namjoon hyung was so happy, he said he was going to name him Tae-Hyun if he could, after you. I said that you'd love it but I only assumed."

Jeongguk fidgeted with his hands, sighing.

"I miss you, so much. I think the reason why I didn't visit is because I couldn't stand coming here and not seeing a change, not seeing you get better or worse. I don't know what to do without you, Tannie's been okay but for how long? He needs you, I need you."

Tears fell onto the hospital bed, right next to Taehyung's limp body.

"What am I supposed to do?"

Jeongguk ran his fingers through his hair, cleaning up the counter and saying goodbye to the employees. The café wasn't busy today and it helped Jeongguk a lot, let him think about what he needs to get from the store and if Tannie needs more food.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when his phone rang.

"Hey Jimin, what's up?"

"W-What are you doing right now?"

Jeongguk tensed up when he heard the sob leave Jimin's mouth.

"I'm cleaning up the shop, hyung whats wrong? Did something happen?"

He heard a small laugh and heard a rushed out no.

"You brat, only calls me hyung when I'm crying. I need you at the hospital, Taetae's room."

"D-Did something happen to him...?"

There was a silent pause.

"Yes."

Jeongguk had never drove that fast in his life.

By the time he got to the hospital, Yoongi was waiting for him outside. Jeongguk ran to him and grabbed his arms "what happened? What happened with Tae?" Jeongguk's voice was raised but he couldn't care, his only concern was his Tae.

Yoongi narrowed his eyes and grabbed Jeongguk by the arm, dragging him to the room "Don't yell at me you brat, so disrespectful."

As they got to the room, Yoongi pushed Jeongguk towards the door. When he saw that Jeongguk wasn't moving, he rolled his eyes and opened it, pushing him into the room.

Jeongguk opened his eyes slowly and felt tears flood his eyes. His beautiful Taehyung was sitting up on his hospital bed, looking at him so fondly with the biggest smile on his face.

"Congrats Gukkie! I heard you graduated. I'm sorry I couldn't be there, I bet you looked adorable in your little cap."

Jeongguk ran towards him, grabbing his face and smashing their lips together. Hoseok smiled softly, holding onto Namjoon to balance himself from falling over. Namjoon smiled and held onto him "c'mon Hobi, don't fall over..."

"Baby I'm so sorry I left you, I'm so sorry I missed your graduation, I-"

Jeongguk shook his head, resting their foreheads together with a soft smile "shh Tae, you're here now aren't you? You're here now..." Jeongguk held onto him tighter, moving his head to the crook of Taehyung's neck.

Taehyung nodded and wrapped his arms around Jeongguk's neck, pulling him closer "I'm here and I'm never leaving you again, I promise Gukkie..."

Taehyung finally returned home after a few more weeks staying in the hospital. The doctors explained that it could help him by staying at the hospital for a little bit longer and Jeongguk immediately agreed.

"G-Gukkie..."

"Baby, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Jeongguk dropped his bags and cupped Taehyung's face, slowly rubbing his thumbs against his cheeks. Taehyung shook his head, laughing softly and grabbing the hands that held his face.

"T-Tannie's standing b-behind you and it's been so l-long..." Taehyung wiped his tears, sniffling softly as he tried to calm his breathing.

"Welcome back home Tae, welcome home."