Kon x Reader - Kindness?

Word Count: 4226

"So you need me to take care of him while you are in the Soul Society?" Your arms were crossed over your chest as you sat on the floor of Ichigo's bedroom.

"More like 'keep him out of trouble', but yes." Ichigo said with a scowl.

"I know you have your own mission here Y/N but we don't know what else to do with him." Rukia sighed.

You un-crossed your arms and smiled at your longtime friend. "Don't worry Rukia. I don't mind." You paused for a brief second. "Does he really need someone to take care of him though? He's a mod-soul right?"

Ichigo let out an annoyed sigh and ran a hand through his hair. "He is but he is also a pain in the ass who needs constant attention. Last time we left him, Yuzu found him and he had to pretend to be a plush for god knows how long. So now he refuses to be left alone again and we really can't take him with us to the Soul Society." He huffed.

"Sounds like a rough life." You chuckled. "But alright, I'll do it."

"Thank you Y/N." Rukia said in relief before turning around to the closet door with a blank expression. "Hey Kon! Come out here!" She yelled as she opened the door.

The closet door slid open and a small stuffed animal lion jumped out and towards Rukia with tears in his eyes. "NE-SAN!!! WHY DID I HAVE TO BE LOCKED UP IN THE CLOSET?!" He shouted as he flew towards Rukia. With an annoyed expression, Rukia swatted Kon away before stomping on him and grinding him into the floor with her foot. You sweat-dropped and watched the scene unfold before you.

"Stop jumping on me!" She yelled at the plush while bringing her foot down again. A muffled 'I'm sorry' came from the smushed creature but Rukia was relentless.

She lifted her foot up to stomp him again but before she could, you caught her ankle and stopped her from torturing the poor soul. Rukia looked at you with an incredulous expression while Kon lifted his head and settled his gaze on you for the first time.

Kon P.O.V.

She had me locked up in this closet for forever now! I could hear some voices in the room but not what they were saying. One sounded unfamiliar but the sweet female voice made this plush heart beat just a little faster. Maybe it is a goddess, come to take me away to the Promised Land?

Suddenly the door opened, allowing light into the closet.

"Hey Kon! Come out here!" The voice of Rukia reached me and I jumped out towards her. The relief of finally being free caused tears to flow from my eyes as I soared through the air, towards her arms.

"NE-SAN!!! WHY DID I HAVE TO BE LOCKED UP IN THE CLOSET?!" I cried before being met with a slap to the back of my head. I was sent plummeting to the floor and after colliding with it, a foot was pressed to the back of my head, grinding it further into the floor. Oh Ne-san, why must you do this to me? I silently cried to myself.

"Stop jumping on me!" Rukia's angry voice reached my ears together with another foot.

"I'm sorry." I muttered into the floor as she twisted her foot on the back of my head.

I felt her foot lift again, I flinched, waiting for the impact but it never came. Hesitantly, I pushed myself up and was met with the most beautiful sight of my life.

In front of me, sat the most beautiful Shinigami I had ever seen (Apart from Ne-san of course). She was holding Ne-san's foot and looked at me with compassion. She... saved me?

"Are you alright?" The question was directed to me, uttered with the voice of an angel. A goddess was sent to me, I couldn't let my charm fail me now!