pt. 7

no pov

will, mike, and el finished the pizza and decided to watch a movie.

they sat on the couch, as will put in the cassette for Manhunter.

el quickly came and set next to mike, with will sitting on the other side of him. she was confused as to why mike wasn't paying much attention to her. well, he was, but it was different. something she couldn't explain. like he'd lost his spark or something. but she let it go. after all. he did love her. didn't he?

the movie went on. it was interesting. at one point, when things had gotten a little too intense, mike had felt will flinch a little. he had grabbed his hand and laced his fingers with will's. mike couldn't see, but will had turned a million times redder than he already was when mike had leaned his head on will's shoulder.

a little after the middle of the movie, el got up.

"tired." she said. mike looked up at her.

"oh. ok." he said. he got up and gave her a small hug. she giggled.

"i am glad you're here." she said. he smiled back at her.

"me too." she giggled again, and headed up the stairs. it was just him and will.

"hey, you don't mind do you?" mike asked, turning his neck to look at will next to him. he gestured to will's shoulder. "you're comfortable.

"no. not at all." he breathed out making sure mike didn't hear the joy in his voice.

mike grinned and leaned on will's shoulder. soon, the movie ended. but both boys had fallen asleep, mike's head on will's lap and their hands still interlocked. and they stayed like that all throughout the cold night.