pt. 6

will's pov

i washed my hands and looked at myself in the mirror that needed a bit of cleaning. i saw a brown haired boy, with brown or green eyes. average height but still tall. pale skin and lanky arms.

i sighed. i heard the doorbell ring downstairs and figured that was el or the pizza. el and mom had been trying to convince me to go to therapy as well. i was having nightmares. i woke up in the middle of the night, sweating and breathing harder then i ever have. i would cover the back of my neck protectively. and then i wouldn't be able to sleep. because i couldn't stop thinking about that day at the mall. the upside down. when the mind flayer had me under his control.

but the only thought that managed to lessen my fears...was mike. my best friend. the one who i'd been madly in love with since kindergarten. and now he had a girlfriend. who was now living with me. i'd been trying to get over this stupid crush. but i couldn't. mike wheeler wasn't anything. he was everything. and he'd never know it.

mike's pov
i heard footsteps on the stairs and felt relief flood through my body.

"uh, el, that must be will. uhh, HEY! will!" the footsteps stopped at the bottom of the stairs and will stood there, his eyebrows in confusion.

"mike." he said as he walked over to me and el. i shot a quick glance at el who looked confused. "is...everything all right?" he asked me. i blinked.

"uh...yeah! everything's fine." he gave me a weird look.

we all stood there in a painfully awkward silence, when suddenly the doorbell rang.

"I GOT IT!" i yelled, as i quickly rushed to the door and answered it. it was the pizza. i grabbed the two boxes and as i turned around, will walked over to the pizza guy, handed him a 20 and shut the door.

"mike." he whispered. "are you sure you're ok, mike?" he cared about me. it just showed me the type of person he was. i hurt him, and he forgave me. just like that.

"mhm. thanks." he furrowed his eyebrows.

"for what?"

"for everything. for forgiving me, for making sure i'm ok, for trusting me. you know, there's no one like you will. no one at all. you're amazing." he stood there, mouth agape.

i felt myself turn a harsh red. "s-sorry. kind of just went off there a little."

he grinned and slowly started walking over. he took a pizza box from my arms, leaned forwards towards my ear, and whispered, "you're amazing." i felt a thousand chills go up my spine. wow. just wow.