12 - Girls Support Girls

.✫*゚・゚。.★

     MONET WANTED TO HAVEthe best night of her life

the best night of her life. Due to all the stress she's been going under, a nice night away from all the drama would ought to do her some good. As she and Jett walked away from the photo station, they found that two new theatre kids were taking up their seats— EJ and Gina. Monet was overly surprised to see the two of them together, after the disastrous rehearsal between Nini and EJ, the last thing she had expected was to see either of them at Homecoming. It was quite disappointing that EJ seemed to move on quickly, because Monet found him a pretty decent guy. Nini deserved better in the end.

EJ left, most probably getting a drink for him and his date. Ricky took this as his opportunity, and decided to move over one seat, next to Gina. "Hey, not to intrude on date night, but you can do better than EJ." Ricky started off. Everyone around the table looked on in confusion, wondering where the boy was heading. "That guy, that guy's bad news."

"You're not exactly one to give relationship advice. And when I want your opinion, I'll ask." Gina remarked, broadcasting her fakest sincere smile. While she thought that was the end of the conversation, Ricky kept going.

"Well, I'm giving it anyway 'cause I sorta thought you were classier than this." Monet glared at Ricky, almost begging him to stop. Clearly, he hadn't listened. "But, hey, maybe you really are what people say you are." Even Big Red tried to stop him. Ricky looked at his cup, before facing Gina once more. "Just a little too ambitious for your own good, or anyone else's for that matter."

Gina glanced down on her lap, and immediately, Monet could see the regret on Ricky's face. Nevertheless, the hurtful words had been said and there was no taking them back. Monet was a bit disappointed in the boy, admittedly everyone was, but Monet the most. That's not something you should say to anyone— ever. "Gina, want to go to the bathroom with me?" Monet asked, helping the girl out of her seat. She felt extremely bad.

Gina nodded, and in an attempt to regain some of her ego and pride, she glared at Ricky like Monet once did. The two girls left the table— going to the one place where heartfelt conversations took place in school. The bathroom.

Upon walking in, there was no one there. The night had only just started which was understandable, and given the current circumstances– it seemed to work out for the better. "I'm so sorry about what Ricky said. He has good intentions, just poor executions." Monet tried to defend his mannerism, although she knew Gina was not one to forgive and forget. Neither was Monet really.

"Thanks I guess, so far, this year has been– rather interesting. What Ricky said is the least of my worries right now." Gina explained, beginning to fix herself up in the mirror.

"Honestly, same. I know we don't really know each other all that well, but if you'd like someone to talk to– I'm always here." Monet offered, looking into the mirror reflection of Gina's face where she saw her reaction light up for a few seconds.

Gina twirled around in her spot, facing Monet head on without the need of a mirror to communicate. "You mean like... be friends?"

Monet nodded, perhaps this was more for her than Gina. After all, this year had been pretty lonely— and the one thing Monet needed was another girl beside her. "I mean only if you want to—" Monet began laughing awkwardly before coming to a stop, realizing that Gina had only wanted the same thing. "You just wanna go dance?" Monet pointed to the bathroom door, where the loud music seeped through without permission.

Gina chuckled, "Definitely."

***

Monet and Gina had pretty much ditched their dates— dancing to all the latest hits that the DJ played. They laughed the night away, forgetting about all their troubles. Gina was the new girl, but next to Monet, she felt like she belonged. Monet on the other hand believed that for the first time in her life— she could finally relate to the girlish stereotype of best-friend sleepovers and crush gossiping. Homecoming was finally shaping up exactly to Monet's ideal standard and absolutely nothing could go wrong.

Suddenly, the music had shifted into one of soft tunes— where the most iconic part of the night would began— the slow dance. "I'm going to go find Jett. Are you going to be okay alone?" Monet asked, her voice quieting to fit the tone of the music that flowed around the room.

Gina nodded absentmindedly, turning to head to the drink table to find herself a cup of punch to quench her thirst. Monet headed back to her assigned table, looking for any sign of Jett. And when she had— she had found the scene to be particularly interesting. She found Jett laughing heavily beside Ashlyn, the two of them enraptured in their own bubble. Monet's expression soften, hoping that her best friend would find happiness that she so desperately wanted for him.

And if it meant that Jett was happy with Ashlyn, then Monet wouldn't interrupt.

Which had also meant...
...she could go find Ricky.

Scanning the room, she found Ricky and Big Red standing together and talking. She began walking towards the boy but was forced to stop when something from across the room gained her attention. Gina held a cup of punch and dumped it over EJ's head, now everyone's eyes were on them. Gina stormed out of the room with a huff, her ponytail slashing side-to-side as she did so.

Monet turned her attention back to Ricky— only to find he was quickly following the girl, leaving Homecoming behind as well. Leaving Monet. Gina was gone, Ricky was gone, Jett was practically unavailable and now— Monet was alone all over again. While the music continued to blare into her ears, she found it had been gradually fading out because of her tears. Her dress didn't seem all so magical anymore, her confidence was quickly depleting, and finally she was dragged back into reality.

She was alone.

It was a feeling she was quite used too.

And now, all she wanted was to go home.

Only home was just as bad as here.

But she didn't know that yet.

welp.