19 - Tech Rehearsal

.✫*゚・゚。.★

     THE DRAMA CLUB WAS huddled around the cafeteria table, listening to Miss Jenn speak

THE DRAMA CLUB WAS
huddled around the cafeteria table, listening to Miss Jenn speak. Over the Thanksgiving break, a tragedy struck East High's stadium room. Due to unknown circumstances, the place had burnt down, leaving little to nothing left. And as Monet sat beside Carlos and Seb, she couldn't help but realize how distraught everyone was– including herself. Unless they came up with a plan, or postpone the musical— the show couldn't go on. Monet looked over at Ricky's direction by mere instinct, finding that he had already been looking.

Monet, in a sense, was still a bit upset over the situation. The last thing she wanted to do was spark a conversation that would only be soaked in levels of awkwardness. Jett's words from that night repeated like a mantra in her head, and she knew he was right. Just a little break. That could last all of five minutes, or five days, but the point was— Monet needed to recollect her thoughts and decide what was best for her. What type of people would be best to surround herself with, and if that 'type of person' was Ricky or not.

"Sorry I'm late!" A boyish yell sounded from the entrance of cafeteria, drawing everyone's attention to Jett. He had his backpack slung around one of his shoulders as he ran towards the small group of people. He had obviously heard about the sad news, and perhaps that was the reason he was here— for support.

Miss. Jenn smiled as Jett sat down. "Well, I guess we can start this conversation with some good news. Everyone, let's welcome Jett back into the group, he's back and better than ever." She made her best attempt at jazz hands, as people began to cheer and welcome him back into the musical.

Monet titled her head to the side, quirking a smile as Jett sent her a shy wave. She would have to talk him later, but she didn't want to be more upset than she already was— she was just glad he was back.

"In other news, I'm not really sure what to say. You've all worked so hard. I've seen all of you grow so much. But if we don't have a theater, we don't have a show." Miss. Jenn concluded, seemingly as disappointed as everyone else. The group let out gasps of shock and minor outrage, for this couldn't be the end.

"Come on, Miss Jenn, we've gotta do something!" Carlos begged I'm distraught.

"I don't know, I guess we could consider other venues?" Jenn suggested. The group seemed to consider the idea, a new hope ignited within a second. The group chattered, coming to the conclusion that the play would continue at— The El Ray. Carlos checked if it was free to use, and to everyone's delight, the venue was available for them.

"Wildcats, let's grab all the props and costumes that didn't get damaged and let's load out!" Miss Jenn instructed. The group began to do as they were told with high spirits, the thought that the musical was still in the works seemed to make everyone happy. And while Monet couldn't say the same about a month ago, she wouldn't have it any other way.