Chapter 8 - In My Dreams

"Hey, Ricky, wake up," I hear someone, along with someone shaking me and a slight pressure on my stomach.

I groan and then feel something over me and open my eyes, seeing it was my comforter.

I push it down and blink at the little from the light in my room.

I look up and saw Ryan was standing there.

"Hey, what time is it?" I yawned.

"Almost 9. It was a long ass line in Buffalo Wild Wings and we got home a while ago. You overslept," he said.

I looked around and realized it was just me and him in my room.

Onyx must have left... Wherever she is she left to.

"You hungry? We got your favorite wings," Ryan said.

"In a bit, just let me wake up a little more," I said, stretching a bit.

"You okay? You look like you've been crying," he said.

Fuck.

"Beats me, dude," I shrugged.

"Well, okay. I'll be downstairs. Hurry up before Chris and Balz pig out," Ryan said and stepped out.

Right as he closed my door, I quickly pulled my sleeves up.

The cuts I made were there, but they looked days old and clean. Onyx must have healed them.

Then I remembered what she said.

"Every time you fall asleep, I will be there in your dreams, so you can be at peace."

I smiled a little.

Tonight I'll be able to see her.

I roll my sleeves down and got out of bed, taming my bed head a bit, and then heading downstairs.

I want to try and get better.

For Onyx.