Conversational Lush

As the small flurries fell from the sky onto the streets of Compton, Ciante grinned to herself, as she couldn't believe it

It was snowing in Southern California! and everybody was in amazement that a place that is so known for sunshine and warmth is actually experiencing winter during December. 

Ciante helped herself to clean up the coffee station, making sure to refill the creamers and flavor pump bottles while the afternoon rush had died down. 

She was 28 years old with 3 kids ages, 10, 5, and 3 to feed, this coffee shop cashier job was hardly making ends meet.

It was harsh being a single mother but that's the price she had to pay when dealing with guys who were more concerned about their SET than taking care of their responsibility and be a father when its convenient for him, leaving her to play mom and dad 99.9 percent of the time.

Ciante was a mocha-caramel coated honey, with almond-shaped hazel green eyes and bouncy paprika colored hair with black streaks.

Standing at 5-foot-five, curvaceous and a little tummy as a badge of honor for being a mother, she was beautiful and well mannered, despite her upbringing.

Living in Compton California wasn't easy, especially when the crack epidemic started, losing her mother and father to the highly addictive drug. 

They were still alive but the sensation of getting high had them so far gone that Ciante ended up moving with her grandmother.

Her grandmother was her heart but she knew that with old age, she wouldn't be around too much longer. 

Sadly, Ciante missed graduation because her ten-year-old son, Cashmere was born, then losing her grandmother the day after at the age of 18.  

While Ciante had dreams of going to college to become a nurse practitioner, she knew that it would only be a dream because she couldn't afford it. 

Paying bills, providing for her children, and receiving welfare and public assistance checks of $200 enough wasn't enough and it damn sure wasn't something Ciante was proud of, but like her grandmother always told her "do what you can til' ya do betta baby".

Her thoughts were interrupted as the door from the shop opened, causing the bell to ring and the gusts of wind to whistle before the bell "dinged" again.