Sparks fly

Antoine drove Ciante home, making sure she got home safely once closing up shop. It was another three hours he sat there and learned so much about Ciante and her life.

Learning that she became a mother and lost her grandmother in 24 hours was tugging at his heart-strings.

The saying is true; a baby is being born when someone is dying, the beginning and end.

Finding out her first child, Cashmere was by a dude who was a member of the Southside Crips named Jamal and didn't take care of his responsibility.

He told Ciante that he was too young to be a father and wasn't ready. That was the last time she heard from him.

Dealing with the reality of being a single mother and her grandmother passing was enough to send Ciante into a frenzy of postpartum depression, feeling alone and hopeless.

Thankfully, her grandmother left $8,000 to her in her will but that money goes quick when you have a child, then meeting someone else and ending up pregnant.

Having her daughters, Kunari who was 5, and Cianna who is 3 years old made things a little harder. The two girls had the same father named Sevron who was murdered two years ago at a local fat burger due to mistaken identity.

Ciante felt like her life was cursed and she didn't have time to mope anymore.

She had three mouths to feed.

Ciante explained to Antoine her hopes and dreams of going to school and just giving her children the life that they deserve. They didn't deserve anything less because they didn't ask to be here.

Living in Compton is hard, especially for her son Cashmere At the age of ten, he's already getting pressed at school by different kids asking him "Where you from?" and "What's yo set?"

Every day she fears that the gang violence will strike her family but Compton is all she knows and feels like this is the only place she will ever know.

As Antoine drove his car, Donny Hathaway sang in the background softly;

Hang all the mistletoe
I'm gonna get to know you better

This Christmas
And as we trim the tree
How much fun it's gonna be together

"You can stop right here," Ciante said as she looked out the window as he slowed down in front of the apartment complex.

"Oh you live in Westland apartments," Antoine said, looking at the apartment buildings.

"Yes sir"

A few apartment buildings with pastel colors of orange, beige, brown and faded yellow was decorated with Christmas lights and decorations, giving the holiday spirit that Ciante was not feeling.

"Thank you for the ride once again. You saved me time and money, especially since I gotta pay this baby sitter"

"Oh, its no problem," Antoine said with a small smile spreading across his face, which didn't go unnoticed by Ciante.

"Well...I'll see you around," Ciante said as she unfastened her seatbelt and opening the car door.

"Sure I'll be through there"

"Be where?" Ciante asked, looking confused.

"The coffee shop...tomorrow to see you again. I mean I ain't no creep or nothing but I like talking to you"

Ciante grinned, then covering her smile with her hand.

"That's fine," Ciante said with a laugh. "I like talking to you too. It's not every day a celebrity listens and talks to regular folks like me"