Hangin' wit Mr. Yella

Ciante couldn't wait for her shift to be over since her co-workers were aggravating her. Since she walked through the door this morning they've been on her back about Antoine.

"So he hangs with NWA?" her coworker, Tina asked as she wiped down the espresso machine.

Tina was born to a Dominican mother and a black father. She was slim and slender with dark green eyes and long, thick, jet-black hair that was always pinned up into a huge donut bun.

She lived in El Camino village with her mother and father who was known for heavy drug trafficking.

She works because she wanted to make an honest living for her and her son, who was 2 years old.

"He's the DJ of NWA Tina" Ciante sighed with a smile.

"So he got money?" Tina probed with a raised brow and smile.

"Tina" Ciante began, glancing at her. "I'm not worried bout that man's money. I have my own"

"Ciante. You broke"

"Leave me alone!"

Tina laughed. "I get it chicka but why spend your little money when you can spend his big bank?"

"You're such a gold digger" Ciante retorted with a grin.

"I'll be that. So you be around in the studio with his friends and stuff? Like Eazy-E and Dr.Dre?"

"No I do not," Ciante said, stocking up the half and half creamers to put in the cooler.

"Well...why not?"

"Why not what Tina?"

"Why not be around his friends. That would be so cool, hanging wit stars"

"It's not my thing" Ciante simply stated, still restocking.

"You know Cashmere likes them"

"So what," Ciante said with a shoulder shrug. " I don't need him listening to that type of music"

"Oh because you want him to listen to Christian rap?" Tina ridiculed, tossing her wet rag back into the sanitizer bucket.

Ciante looked up at Tina who was standing there with her hand on her hips.

"Do I tell you how to raise Jeremy?"

"Nope you don't but if my son liked someone I would let them meet him, especially if he in arms reach" Tina twisted her lips before walking off to assist a customer that was at the register.

Ciante continued to organizer the cooler as she thought about what Tina was saying to her. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if Cashmere met them since he did like NWA.

She doesn't need Antoine or any of his bandmates thinking that she looking for a come up because that wasn't her steelo.

Once she finished organizing the cooler, she made sure everything from coffee cups, lids, and stirrers were stocked up.

Ciante looked at the clock and read 3:55 PM. It was on cue that she saw Antoine car pull up in the parking lot, then hopping out. She felt her face become flushed as he entered the shop, looking around before making eye contact with her.

They smiled at each other. Lucky for Ciante, Tina was tending to her customer, making him a cup of coffee and a scone, enabling Ciante to slide from behind the counter and into the back of the shop to clock out after checking in with her manager.

Once getting her tips from her manager of $25 dollars, she clocked out after putting her coat on and slinging her bag over her shoulder. She made sure she made Antoine a latte before leaving.