Jade Thirlwall - (Pt. 2) How Could You Think That Wouldn't Hurt Me?

So, I wrote this pt.2 in two different ways but here is my favorite.  Maybe I'll post the 2nd one later.  This story also has a writing prompt:

How could you think that wouldn't hurt me?

It had been almost a year since Y/N had left.

The same day she left, Jade broke up with Jed via text and explained the whole ordeal to him. That night she slept in Y/N's bed, her scent comforting Jade but haunting her at the same time.

When the fans found out about the breakup and realized they hadn't seen Y/N, who was always out with Jade and the girls, in a while, they became suspicious. They knew the two events had something to do with each other.

Nevertheless, it took Jade the entire year to get over Y/N and she knew she still wasn't completely over her. She never would be.

Y/N deleted all her social media after the incident in order to keep Jade from finding any trace of her or where she was. But, a few people did know where in the world she was.

Jesy, Perrie and Leigh-Anne all knew where Y/N was since the day after she left and texted them. But, they weren't able to tell Jade since Y/N had made them swear to not tell her. As much as they loved Jade, they had to keep girl-code.

As soon Jade knew that they knew where she was, she constantly pestered them over her whereabouts until she realized they would never break. She eventually stopped asking but never stopped thinking about Y/N and where she was.

It would be almost a full year till Jade would find out.

November of 2020 was just about finishing and Jade couldn't have been more upset. She knew the anniversary of Y/N leaving was just about rolling around.

It didn't numb the pain when thousands of tweets, DMs and texts came flooding in. She clicked on the first text from Perrie and realized that she had sent her a link to a YouTube video.

Jade clicked on the video, read the title, and almost dropped her phone in shock.

Y/N Y/L/N - Don't Call Me Up

Jade watched the entire video before watching it again. Y/N looked so different to Jade.

Instead of her natural hair, she wore a long, dark wig that complimented her beautiful features. She wore a thick layer of makeup that made her look like a supermodel. She hardly wore any when she was with Jade.

But, most of all, Y/N looked strong and confident. She hated to admit it, but Jade knew that Y/N never looked like that toward the end of their relationship.

After watching the video, Jade searched her Y/N's name on Instagram and found her official Instagram account which had a total of only two posts.

She clicked on the first and found an introductory video about Y/N.

"Hey guys, my name is Y/N Y/L/N and by the time you're watching this, my new single, "Don't Call Me Up" Had dropped!" she exclaimed, her strong accent coming through as she smiled at the camera. It was a smile Jade missed so much. She then grabbed a confetti cannon and struggled to open it before a loud pop was heard and Y/N let out a short scream.

Confetti began raining down and landing in her hair as she giggled. Jade knew that everybody would immediately love her just as Jade did when she first met her.

The video then cut to another clip where Y/N was walking down a sunny, crowded street.

"I'm originally from Rye which is south of London, England and I eventually moved to London when I turned 18 in order to pursue a music career but something got in the way of that, so, I postponed my career until now. You may also know me as Little Mix's friend, but I now reside in LA, where I've been for the past year. I still talk to some of the girls though." Y/N finished before the video cut to a different clip.