Jade Thirlwall - (Pt.3) Want to Want Me

This is a bit of a long one, so brace yourself.

Jade didn't see Y/N again until later that year at the summertime ball. Of course, Y/N was performing, being one of the newest and most popular breakout artists of the year so far. There was even a rumor of a possible collab with her and Ariana Grande. It doesn't get much better than that.

Jade also thought she was finally making progress and slowly getting over Y/N. For the first time in a long time Jade wasn't thinking about Y/N every passing second. Just every passing minute, a great improvement.

But, things were a bit different when she saw her for the first time in months.

While walking around backstage in the complex where all the interviews are taped, Jade caught a glance of Y/N.

Her hair was half up in a bun and half down, flaunting her natural hair. Her makeup was bright and glittery with glitter pink eye shadow and rhinestones above her eyebrows. The look was complemented by a glossy pink lip, a small black heart under her right eye on her naturally rosy cheeks. While she was only wearing a hoodie and a pair of jeans at the moment, Y/N looked absolutely mesmerizing to Jade.

Y/N had her face stuffed in her phone as she scrolled through what was probably Instagram, security guards protecting her at all times.

As Y/N and the girls passed each other, Jade couldn't help but stare at Y/N even when she had passed them. Jade couldn't take her eyes off of her.

Just looking at her made Jade fall in love all over again. She felt as if she was drowning and the only thing that would save her was Y/N.

Maybe a kiss or just a touch of a hand. Maybe even a second of eye contact would make Jade feel full of butterflies.

xxx

It didn't feel too long until the girls had finished performing and it just so happened that Y/N was going right after.

Jade and the girls were all giggling after their performance, excited that they had remembered all the choreography after having only a couple days of rehearsal.

But, Jade couldn't enjoy it for too long as she began to hear the intro to one of Y/N's singles, "Motivation". The girls and their dancers stood offstage to the left and when Jade looked across the venue and offstage to the right, she saw Y/N and her dancers preparing.

Jade stared at Y/N for a while as Y/N took a deep breath in and out, shaking out her arms and rerunning the choreo in her head. One of the male dancers came from behind and put their hands on Y/N's shoulders and said something to her. Y/N smiled back at him and nodded before he reran his own choreography.

Somehow, right before Y/N began to sing, Y/N's eyes found Jade's. Jade sucked in a breath, waiting for the death glare that followed, but the response was the exact opposite.

Y/N's eyes turned soft and a small smile played on her lips. Before stepping stage, Y/N mouthed a couple words to Jade but Jade wasn't exactly sure if she saw it right as it didn't seem like something Y/N would say to her.

"Wait for me"

xxx

The show had ended and it was close to midnight. Jade had changed out of her slightly uncomfortable costume and into her usual hoodie and jeans combo completed by a cap with a smart remark written on the front.

Jade scrolled through her phone, her back leaned against the wall as she waited by her dressing room door. Every now and then she would take a peek down the hall at the other dressing rooms; Y/N's in particular.