Chapter 8

WARNING: There is some hot and steamy stuff going down in this chapter, so sit back and enjoy!

When I walked back into the cabin, I saw the betas close in proximity and whispering to each other. I took a step in the small living room noticing Thomas' hands grazing Lucy's stomach, before coughing softly to grab their attention. Beta Thomas took a small step away from Lucy and his face went emotionless before turning his attention to me.

"Where's Alpha Kyros?"

My heart skipped a beat at my mate's name and I stared out the kitchen window that faced the backyard, "He said he had to take care of something."

The Beta male huffed in response and silence filled the small space.

"Why don't you help me prepare a room for our Alpha guest," Lucy spoke up, "unless you were planning on him staying the night in your guest room?"

I felt guilt slide up my spine once again. Mates were supposed to be attached to the hip at first sight, but I knew I wasn't ready to share a bed with my Alpha mate. My mind is all over the place and it's not fair to have him caught up in all of my problems. I need to sort all of my drama out before I can commit to him the way he deserves in a mate.

"I don't believe sharing a room with the Alpha is appropriate at the moment," I kept my eyes on the ground in front of me.

I felt Lucy's soft touch on my shoulder, "that's nothing to be ashamed of, dear." She started to walk towards the hallway, "now come help me with the bedding."

Lucy and I finished preparing a guest bed for Alpha Kyros in the room that was across the hall from my room, which made me feel slightly better. I knew Lucy chose this room on purpose, having mates close would aid in the process.

"Maybe a movie will help you," Lucy suggested.

"Help me with what?" I was confused.

She looked at me before laughing loudly, "Even Thomas can pick up on your worry and distraught over the Alpha not being here and he's on the other side of the house!"

I felt my face heat up at her words, "Yeah, maybe a movie is a good idea."

~~~~

After the movie, Thomas bid me goodnight and carried his sleeping mate to their bedroom for the night. I couldn't leave the couch because my mind was still worrying over my missing mate. I glanced into the direction of the kitchen and felt anxiety creeping up my spine. I decided to lay down on the couch and wait for proof that my mate is okay.

~~~~

"Shit"

I heard a banging noise from the kitchen that startled me from my sleep.

A soft yellow light traveled from the kitchen into the small room. I quietly rose up from the couch and peered around the corner into the kitchen. The light below the microwave was the only light in the house at the moment, but my attention was on the Alpha in front of the sink.

His bare back was facing me, but I could tell he was holding a towel to his right side. I took a few steps into the kitchen, my body craving his presence.

"You should be asleep, mate," his deep voice caused my heart to beat faster.

"I couldn't sleep."

He growled at my response, still facing away from me.

I approached his slowly, before reaching my hand out to touch his back. His muscles tensed briefly at my touch before relaxing.

"Let me help you," I felt the urge to care for the Alpha.