Learning New Good Things

A FEW MONTHS AFTER THE MOVING

(Will knocks the door of Eleven's bedroom, waiting a bit before passing in. She was lain in the bed, reading a comic of Wonder Woman, Max lent her on summer)

W: hey El... Can... We talk?
E: yeah. Is anything wrong Will?
W: no, not wrong, just...Well... Uh. Maybe
E: what do you mean? Are you okay?
W: ... You know what? I'm fine. Absolutely. Have you talked with Mike today?
E: not yet... He said he was going to the arcade. Remember?
W: oh.... Oh sure! I forgot! Okay. Bye! (Will turns around and head himself to the exit of the girl's room, but El doesn't let him throwing a stuffed animal to the door, closing it completely)
E: don't go. Something is wrong with you
W: nope. There's nothing wrong. I promise, now please can I go to watch a movie?
E: no
W: El! C'mon!
E: friends don't lie. We're friends right? And you came for a reason. What is it? (Will gives up, sighs in desesperation, and sits next to her stepsister in the edge of her bed)
W: I've been thinking... A lot
E: what about?
W: there's... There is this thing that has been through my mind a lot of time
E: how much?
W: two years
E: oh... Is something with the Mindflayer then? Have you seen it again?
W: no, is not related to that
E: so?
W: ... This... Is a personal thing... About me
E: okay
W: um... El can I ask you a question?
E: you have just done one right now so sure why not? ( Eleven jokes innocently, and Will giggles, trying to liberate himself of a part of all the tension he was hiding)
W: do... Do you think... I'm a queer? (This embarrased him so bad, and trying to avoid eye contact and an answer, Will quickly changes his gaze to the ground)
E: a... Queer? What does that mean? ( Eleven asks that innocently that takes Will by surprise and this makes him look again at her)
W: you... Don't understand? (The girl just shakes her head)
E: no. What is queer? (This is making the young boy uncomfortable one more time, he wanted to get to the point, and forget about this conversation. But he forgot he was talking to Eleven. The girl who didn't know what a friend is)
W: when... Someone call you... That. Is because they think you're... Uh...
E: that you are...?
W: gay (He finally says, and tries his best to don't look at the person next to him)
E: oh... Oh. One boy used that term... In the talk directed to your death. He was a mouthbreather. He said something that you would be in fairyland. Happy and... Gay
W: oh... So even when I was missing, Troy bullied me... Good to know
E: yes... But Mike defended you
W: he what?
E: he pushed Troy to the floor. He seemed really mad
W: did he?
E: yes. He was really worried. The boy and one of his friend didn't stop laughing about you that day. And Mike was close to yell at them during the speech. But me and Dustin contained him
W: I... Didn't know that
E: now you know... So what is it with that?
W: hm?
E: you asked me if I thought you were a queer. Or gay
W: yes... Do you know what do I refer to?
E: no. Again what does that mean?
W: Jeez El! Are you-! Um... Sorry. This is difficult
E: sorry. I didn't know
W: it's okay. Don't worry... Well... To be gay means to like someone of your same gender
E: oh! Okay.... I don't know. I mean, I never heard that you liked anyone so I can't know that.
W: it... Makes sense in a way
E: why are you asking?
W: I...don't know. I just remembered the times when Troy bullied me saying that I was gay, and a queer... A-and miserable... O-or even weak (Will is sobbing at this point. And Eleven tries to support him by moving herself closer to the small *not small anymore* guy, and putting a hand on his shoulder)
E: why... Are you crying? Is being gay a bad thing?
W: I-I don't know El. I really don't know
E: but why did he called you that? Did he know that you liked another boy? Or was he just lying? (This innocent question makes Will stop crying, and breathing. She is right... And that was the question Will was looking an answer for. But Eleven can't give him the answer. He has to realize by himself. All those times Troy found him staring at this person, or how did he laugh about everything he said. Or even when they talked in the swings... He said he sounded too gay. And... After a long. Long period of time. He forgot about that. But the comments were still there. And all of a sudden. That feeling came back too. So maybe, for just one, Troy wasn't wrong about this. Will liked, and like a guy. And that made him gay. So... There it goes)
W: ... I think... I really am... What he called me.
E: you're gay then
W: y-yes... And I'm sorry
E: what are you sorry for? Is not that bad. Is it? It's... A feeling. A good one. Why should you be ashamed of that? To love... Or like other people. I don't see anything bad of it (The words of Eleven comforts Will a lot. And makes him feel better. Knowing that she was right. It wasn't bad to feel good things for others. And it has not to be a reason of taunt. Will smiles, and for the first time, he sounds proud, and confident to say:
W: yeah... Yeah you're right El. You're the first person to know this... I like a boy. And it's completely okay. And I'm good with it. Thanks El (Will hugs her. Taking the girl a little confused but inmediately she hugs the boy back)
E: you're welcome (she separates from him, and think for a little while, analyzing the whole talk they had had) who is he?
W: sorry?
E: you said... You like a boy. Can... Can I know who?
W: well... That's a bit more complicated.
E: is it the new neighboor?
W: no! Ew! No El of course not! Jeez I have taste, at least (He jokes, and both of them laugh)
E: okay then tell me! Please!
W: is... Someone. No one
E: someone or no one?
W: I can tell... He's from Hawkins
E: okay. Do I know him?
W: ... Yeah.
E: is he... From the party?
W: ... Yes
E: ... Oh! Is it- (And it that moment, both of their walkies start to make noises. Someone was in the other side)
E: hello?
M: hey El! How are you doing? (El's expression look brighter now, and with a beautiful grin covering her face)
E: Mike! I missed you! I'm fine, and you?
M: I'm good, really cool. Today I scored more points than Max in Dig Dug! HA! What a shame...( This last words are said with a sarcastic and vengative tone)
W: enjoy the glory, it wont last too long (Will finally joins the conversation, enthusiastic to talk to Mike)
M: Will! Dude! How are you?
W: I'm fine Mike... I'm fine
M: good to know! Oh and I bet that Max won't lead me that easy this time
W: you'll see
M: anyways, El what have you done today?
E: Will and I were just talking before you called
M: what about?
W: nothing important (El tilts her head, and Will tries to say to her by mimic that it will be a secret, now the girl gets it)
M: C'mon guys I want to know!
E: you can't. It's a... Top secrect siblings thing (El sticks her tongue, and winks at Will, making him giggle)
W: yeah that's it Wheeler! You will never know!
M: okaay okay. El why don't we go to another frecuence? I... Needed to tell you something
E: oh... Fine! Okay. Tell me
M: the frecuence is: 991.234.0
E: catching it (El looks for the correct one, and Will stands up, leaving the couple talking about their things. Without going, Eleven stops Will one last time, saying: we'll continue the talk at lunch! And the guy just nod, closing the door behind him. Without revealing her sister, that he was secretly, and deeply, in love with his best friend. Mike Wheeler.)

HEY! So, all the one shots I wrote in thr other story, are gonna be here now. Those, and the others I'm thinking and writing right now. Soo okay. Bye✨