chapter 10

"Amelia...", Owen quietly tried to get the brunette's attention, standing in front of her. It was like she was staring through him, so he carefully pulled her frozen figure into his arms. "I'm so sorry!", he whispered, finally aware of how heartbreaking her son's death was for her.

"I have never been so rude to anyone. Why does everyone hate me?", Amelia asked and started sobbing, while she slowly hugged her ex-husband back.

"Nobody hates you!", Teddy promised, gently stroking her friend's back. "What Link just did was horrible and he had no right to talk to you like that."

"Maybe I deserved it.", the neurosurgeon shrugged, hiding her face in Owen's chest for comfort.

"You didn't, Amelia! Please don't ever believe that!", he begged. "He thought it was his baby, so he has the right to be sad, yes. But nothing can justify his decision to tell everyone about Christopher."

"You remember his name...", Amelia noticed, touched. She was still hiding from the whole universe in Owen's arms. Teddy looked at the two of them and realized that her friend was already with the only person who could help her right now.

"I'll be inside if you need me. To beat him up, you know?", she explained, even able to get the brunette to chuckle a little bit.

"Thank you Teddy, for everything.", Amelia said, looking at the blonde, who nodded with a smile on her face and left. "I told him about Christopher to clear up why I was thinking about not keeping the baby at the beginning.", she informed her ex-husband. "He was always so kind to me and basically everyone else that I have never guessed he could be so hurtful. I get that what I did wasn't right, but this...most of the people at the table didn't even know I was already a mom. I can't ever go back inside."

"I am here with you, alright? And I will not leave your side. We are a family, remember?", Owen replied and broke the hug a little to stare at her baby bump. "I can't believe we are having a baby!", he shared, tearing up, which caused his ex-wife to finally smile again.

"Me neither.", she agreed. Her next move took the redhead by surprise, she grabbed his cheeks and pulled his head down to touch his forehead with hers. Then, Amelia carefully grasped one of his hands and put in onto her baby belly, so he could touch it through the sweater.

"I want to be with you!", Owen told the neurosurgeon hopefully. "I know you are still with him and I will not pressure you into breaking up, but I just want you to know, that I still love you."

"We don't work, Owen.", the brunette sadly reminded him, as she enjoyed him caressing her belly. "We never did and we never will."

"We can make us work! There is nothing standing in our way, babe.", the trauma surgeon tried desperately, shocking both of them with the nickname that had disappeared a while ago.

"Tonight is not the right time to discuss this.", Amelia let her ex-husband know. Inside, Atticus hadn't moved a muscle ever since he said those words and watched the ex-couple through the window.

"Asshole! Asshole! Asshole!", Maggie meanwhile kept insulting him, only for Meredith to try to calm her down.

"Maggie, stop it and behave like an adult!", the blonde ordered in annoyance.

"No, this is exactly what he is!", her sister pouted in anger.

"Maggie!", Jo interfered. "He is my best friend and definitely not a bad person. What he did was wrong, extremely horrible, but let us not forget the good things Link made Amelia feel!", she argued. "Say something and defend yourself!", she suggested.