EIGHT

EIGHT — UNACCEPTABLE

Before they leave Planet Diake, Captain Ginyu orders the team to do a quick clean up of the area while he watches over (Y/N). They grumble but do as they're told, Jeice hesitantly glancing at (Y/N), her body laid on the softest of cloths that Ginyu had seemingly pulled out of nowhere. "She'll be okay, go," Ginyu shoos, and with a hard nod, Jeice leaves.

The Ginyu Force makes quick work of scouting out the whole planet, making sure it has been wiped out of it's inhabitants and ready to give to Lord Frieza. Beside what had happened with their dear teammate, the team counts their mission as a success and decides to celebrate back in their home, once (Y/N) recovers.

"You all go back to our planet, I'll report to Lord Frieza," Ginyu says, once the group has gathered together again. Guldo and Recoome start to sputter, looking at their Captain in shock, "By yourself?! Lord Frieza will have our heads if we do not report back as a team!" Guldo wails.

"You will do as I say," Ginyu huffs, "If Lord Frieza were to find out that (Y/N) almost died on her first mission, then he'd have our heads."

They all shudder.

"You'll go back, and take (Y/N) back to our quarters. I presume she'll still be unconscious for a few more hours, so until then, I am trusting you all to watch over her," Ginyu orders, before looking towards Jeice. "And you, Jeice. I know you are restless. Calm down. Ease your mind." He gives Jeice a knowing look. Jeice feels the tension in his shoulders relax, his Captain's words easing through him.

Recoome and Burter take off first, wanting to make sure they get there before (Y/N)'s pod does. Ginyu leaves after, his pod shooting off towards Frieza's ship. Once they leave, Jeice wraps (Y/N) up with the cloths that Ginyu had provided, before picking her up and carrying her over to her pod. With care, he gently places her down, continuing to strap her in.

She's so pretty..

Jeice stares down at (Y/N), bringing his hand to move the stray strands of hair the frame her face. His gloved hand then rests on her jaw, thumb brushing against the apple of her cheeks. How could you let yourself get hurt? On your first big mission too?

"Jeice." Jeice startles, head shooting up only to bang against the frame of the pods door. Jeice howls in pain, backing up from the pod as he rubs his wounded head, glaring at Guldo, who is doing a terrible job at trying hide is laughter.

"What," Jeice grumbles.

"Are you just going to stand their and ogle at (Y/N) or are you going to send her off?" Guldo snickers.

"Shut up, I'm going to send her off already," Jeice rolls his eyes, before closing the pod. He looks back at Guldo, eyes narrowed, "Shouldn't you be on your way as well?"

"I'm waiting for you, idiot. God knows how long you would've stayed there staring at (Y/N) if I didn't stop you."

"Oh fuck off," He rolls his eyes, feeling his face heat up in embarrassment. "I was just.. making sure she was okay to go. You know how the pods get..." Jeice trails off, willing his blush to go away. They stare at each other for a few seconds.

"Okay, you were making sure, blah, blah, whatever," Guldo snickers again, earning a hard punch on the shoulder from Jeice. They bicker back and forth as they watch (Y/N)'s pod start up, before watching it blast off into the sky.

"You know, (Y/N) is really fucking strong," Guldo comments, glancing at Jeice, who only stares up at the sky. "I know she'll recover quickly, don't worry too much about it, Jeice."

Easy for you to say, Jeice thinks. Instead of replying, Jeice makes his way toward his own pod, starting it up. "Lets go, we need to make sure Burter or Recoome don't do anything stupid while they're alone."