10.ɴɪᴄʜᴏʟᴀꜱ ᴄᴀʀᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴀʀᴀ

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓮: 𝓱𝓲𝓶 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪 𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓪𝓽 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓴 𝓼𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓾𝓻𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓱𝓲𝓶 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

A/N: in this story, Nick is just an average, college aged guy working to pay his student loans (and for your engagement ring 😉) and you have been his girlfriend since high school.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Kitten 🐱💛 - "Hey, baby! Hope your day is going well 💜 "

You texted him, seeing as it was time for his morning break. He got one fifteen minute break at around 10:00 a.m. and his lunch break was at 1:00 and lasted around thirty minutes.

Nicky ❤💋 - "Eh, would be better if you were here ❤ "

He responded a few minutes later.

Kitten 🐱💛 - "Sorry, baby! Hope it gets better! What's wrong?"

Nicky ❤💋 - "Missing you, plus the boss is picking on me and making me do all the hard work because i was late yesterday 😒 Seriously, you clock in thirty seconds late and he suddenly hates you 👊🏻 "

Kitten 🐱💛 - "Sorry, at least i love you though 💜 "

Nicky ❤💋 - "That's all that matters to me 😘💕 "

It was then that you decided you had to go see him during his lunch break. You spent the next little while getting ready and fixing his favorite lunch, your homemade ham on rye sandwiches. Sure, it was simply just ham, cheese, and mayonnaise on rye bread, but they were his absolute favorite just because you made them.

As the clock turned from 12:59 to 1:00, you honked the horn of your car to try and grab his attention. He ran out the door, thinking it was someone needing some help with their car (I mean, he did work at an auto repair shop).

When he spotted you, he almost jumped into your car.

"You don't know how happy I am to see you," he leaned over and kissed you quickly before grabbing the lunchbox from the backseat and digging through it to find food.

"Do you ever eat?" you laughed.

"Only when you make it," he said, taking the sandwiches out of the lunchbox.

"I'm sorry your day has been rough," you sympathized.

"Well, it just got better because now you're here. And uh, I have a little surprise for you."

"What?"

"I think after today, I will have officially saved enough money to finally buy you a ring set."

"Are you serious?" you screamed, dropping your sandwich in your lap out of excitement.

"We can finally have a proper proposal."

"I absolutely love you, Nicholas Carter Mara," you hugged him tightly.

"I know it's not much compared to the fact that I still have to save for a marriage license and somewhere for us to honeymoon but-"

"Nick, I am so proud of you. You have worked so hard since high school to save for me and you to have a life together and soon, it's actually starting!"

"I love you. Thank you for believing in me."

"I love you even more, Nick. I can't believe I'll finally be able to marry you," you reached over and kissed him.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

A/N: why do I actually kinda like this?