~Chapter 8~

It was about two weeks after Quincy's crash. Julie tried her best to lead the crew well, not making it too hard on them. If she succeeded? Kind of.

Filming seemed to go swiftly, just like before, so the only change the cast and crew had to make was that the shooting date of the scenes shuffled. Although, it was noticeable that something was going on, and Julie was frightened that it would show in the episodes. MG was one of the fan's favorites, so missing him in multiple episodes could mean 'Legacies' hitting rock bottom.

That would be noticeable to the cast and crew.

---

"It's okay, dad. We know that you're overwhelmed. But Europe was amazing, and seeing mom was really good", Kaylee spoke in Josie's name, towards 'her dad', Matt.

Her, Jenny, Matt and guest star Riann Steele were focussed to the fullest, while Danielle couldn't help staring lovingly at her non-fictional lover, even though it wasn't written in the script like that.

These days, she felt her gaze drifting off to Kaylee way too often while they were acting. She hoped no one would notice, especially not the fans, because if the fans notice, they'll definitely suspect 'Hosie' to happen in season one. She doesn't want that to happen since the ship isn't planned for the first season and she hates queerbaiting.

Danielle knows her fans, so she is also aware of the fact that with every look Josie and Hope share, the two need to put the exact appropriate amount of precisely chosen emotion in it, or else, the fans will search something behind it, download the scene, place some cheesy romantic music behind it and just like that, you've got yourself some tension. That happens a lot. On the regular.

Easily said: she needs to start avoiding eye contact with Kaylee while filming.

---

In the next scene Danielle and Kaylee shot together, the younger girl specifically focussed on just making eye contact when needed, and putting the right emotions in it.

"Who the hell are you?", Danielle spoke with a threatening spark in her voice. "Nuh-uh, time-out Genie," Jenny said, fake irritation pressing on her vocals. "My name is Hope, and you need to leave unless you want to be dessert."

Kaylee licked her lips at that seductive sounding sentence coming out of Danielle's mouth and felt her legs get weak. She couldn't wait for them to be skin on skin on what was probably going to be Danielle's trailer's couch.

All of those thoughts lost their value when, after Kaylee caught Danielle's eye and winked at her when she knew the camera that was pointed on her wasn't recording, she earned nothing back from her. Not even a look! She wrote herself a mental note, reminding her to discuss this with Danielle later.

---

When Jenny, Danielle, Matt, and Kaylee finished shooting the scene they were currently filming, they all headed in the same direction, except for Matt, who walked off to the steamy, freshly made coffee that was just placed some feet away from him.

"Hey Dani, can I talk to you?", Kaylee asked with a sheepish smile on her lips, which secretly made Danielle go crazy. "Privately...?", she added, subtly hinting Jenny to leave. "Excuse us," Danielle politely spoke to Jenny after concluding that she didn't get the hint since she didn't move, while dragging Kaylee towards her trailer.

"Oh, I'm sorry guys! I was just daydreaming about food, so I'm going to grab some of it back at that table," she stated while pointing to the table, walking off to join Matt. Danielle and Kaylee put their thumbs up at her, in sync, and walked off to their destination.

---

"Gosh, I'm so dazed by how sexy you look in this outfit," she grinned on Danielle's lips, looking her up and down after pulling back. She allowed her hand to slide down to the girl's thigh and squeezed fairly firm. "Thanks," Danielle breathed, desperately wanting to continue their passionate makeout session.

"Wait," Kaylee pulled back right after the two pairs of lips found each other again. "We need to talk..." Danielle immediately snapped into protective slash worried mode: "What's wrong, baby? Did someone hurt you? Did I? Is it Quincy? Did his circumstances change?" Kaylee took Danielle's hands in hers and the duo got seated on the couch: "Babe, slow down. I've just noticed that you've been avoiding eye contact during... the whole time we were shooting the last scene and I was a bit worried about that..."

And so Danielle told her about her worries and their lingering stares and the fans and the queerbaiting.

Kaylee smiled sheepishly once again: "So you're not uncomfortable with our relationsh- I mean... our... situation?"
"If you want to, you can say relationship, baby," Danielle smirked. "But we aren't in a relationship..." There was silence for a moment, until Danielle spoke up and said: "Do you want to change that?" "W-what do you mean?", Kaylee asked, slightly startled but in a good, exciting way.

"Maybe this sounds crazy but... do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"Yes! Oh, how I've waited for you to ask me that! Ever since I first saw you on TV, I knew you were special. The way you smile, the way you cry, the way you act, the way you kiss, the way you cuddle, the way y-", Danielle shut Kaylee up by kissing her softly, putting all her words into it. When they broke it, after a small minute, Danielle stated:

"I think you're really special, too."

---

The fresh, new couple decided to mainly keep their relationship a secret, but they wouldn't make a big deal out of it if someone found out. They did plan on telling one specific cast member.

Danielle and Kaylee wrote a card for Quincy to put next to his hospital bed:

'Dear Quincy,

Congrats! You did it!

You coupled your best friends (Danielle Rose Russell and Kaylee Marie Bryant)! They now officially form a couple!
Be grateful that you were unconscious while this relationship formed itself, 'cause, for us, the last month was a rollercoaster of chaos because of it. We are happy we went through it though, cause now we can be with each other without worries.

We both love you so much.
Wake up soon to join this party!

Team Hosie <3'

But what they didn't know is that it wasn't about to be a worry-free relationship.

***

Hey guys, may I please remind you of the fact that scenes don't get filmed chronologically! So I'm aware that 'a few weeks ago', they shot a scene that comes after the ones they shot in this chapter.