32 | Move on.

It was only a night away to the full moon, nevertheless, it was there, shining majestically in the middle of the starred sky. The feeble moonbeams caressed the raven-haired boy, sitting cross-legged on the floor of the terrace of Harvey's house, as he admired the stars upon him.

Incessant thoughts regarding a certain person prevented Zak from sleeping, so the slightly short boy silently waddled through and outside the house in the middle of the night, to the place who felt closer to his loved one.

After an hour of silent stargazing, the french window to his left slid open as his teammate, and best friend, exited from the inside.

"Oh boy, it's freezing out here." he murmured, hugging himself while his eyes immediately landed on Zak.

Silence welcomed his statement, and the older boy didn't react to the slightest either.
The Asian boy grin quickly faded, shifting his whole expression into a worried one.

"Do you wanna stay alone?" he dared to ask, concernedly arching his eyebrows.

The raven-haired boy hesitated a moment before silently nodding in reply.

"Alright." Harvey sighed, walking back inside the house soon afterward and leaving his friends isolated again.

The silence created by his absence didn't last long as the Sophomore quickly came back with two steaming cups in his hands and some blanket covering his head and rest of his small body, making him look like a low-cost and colorful ghost.

He surprised Zak by wrapping him into one of the sheets and, after sitting down beside his friend, he handed him one of the warm mugs as well, with his reassuring grin plastered on his face.

Scoffing, not surprised by his friend's gesture, the older boy faintly smiled with gratitude and grabbed the cup, looking back up at the sky upon them without saying a single word.

"What's up, bud." Harvey asked as he kept his eyes full of concern on him. "Is it because of tomorrow? Because of Darryl?"

Once again, Zak avoided answering by taking a sip of the warm beverage in his cup.

"C'mon, man. Talk to me." his friend insisted, tilting his head to the side.

Finally, his eyes detached from the sky and fell on the ground in front of him as he sighed bitterly.

"It's more about... I just realized how the people I trusted the most turned out to be the most delusional ones." the raven-haired boy admitted, arching his eyebrow.

"You mean Vincent and Dave, don't you?"

"I mean..." his small hands clenched on the mug as their faces flashed before his eyes. "I wish they were the only ones."

A moment of silence followed his words.

"Want me to be honest, Zak?" the shortest boy sighed, looking in front of himself with unusual seriousness.

Hearing that question with that unexpected tone of voice, the Junior couldn't help but frown and turn in his friend's direction, giving him full attention.

"You gotta learn to let go. Y'know, shit happens. Move on." he continued, stopping for a sip of the hot chocolate in the mug.

Zak stared at him with a hint of sadness shining through his eyes.

"And I don't mean it in a bad way, obviously." Harvey quickly added, turning his head towards his friend. "I mean, you gotta accept that the best thing to do is give up on certain people. Not because you don't care about them, but..." he stopped, sighing. "But because they don't. And especially when it's all about popularity, power and shit like that. It's just toxic, y'know?"