13 | It's over.

Zak's thin body slammed against the cold floor, getting his clothes pierced by the broken glass that fell seconds before, sticking inside his flesh.

"You motherfucker!" yelled the tall fat man who hit him, kicking him in the stomach and chest, as the little boy wasn't able to get up in time.

Without air left in his lungs, Zak let out a choked sough, weakly curling on himself attempting desperately to protect his body and head with his arms and legs.
The father ducked down on his body, grasping roughly his hair and violently tugging it backwards, making his arms uncover his head.

"The police was here today," murmured at his hear tight-lipped, yanking his hair as he tried to cover himself back, grabbing his wrists with the other hand. "you're going to regret this bitterly, son of a bitch."

"I-I didn't do a-anything..." Zak whimpered, squeezing his eyes.

He narrowed his eyes at his reply and, without hesitation, violently smashed his face against the ground, blocking his head down right after the impact, pulling all his weight on it.
Zak let out a suffocated wail, blindly elbowing the father and wriggling trying to free himself, in vain.

"Do you think I'm fucking stupid?!" yelled right in his hear, making him wince.

'You fucking are, you piece of shit. You're literally the genius who decided to punch me in the fucking face, what the fuck did you expect?!' shouted back in his head, too weak to say it out loud.

"Answer me!" shouted, grasping again Zak's hair and tugging his head close to him.

"G-gh... n-no..! Y-you aren't s-stupid..!" stuttered the short boy, squeezing his eyes as everything started to hurt.

"Exactly, you are the stupid here. Acting all smart and quirky..." his hand clenched on his hair, bringing his mouth closer to his hear. "and look at you... just a pathetic piece of shit who barely takes a D at school, sucks at baseball and most importantly..." he got even closer, with a disgusted grin on his face. "you're a fucking disgusting faggot."

'I'm not, God damnit!' yelled in his head, clenching his teeth.

A shard glass pressed against the little boy's bony cheekbone, digging into his flesh and making him whimper as the pain increased. Blood started streaming down his face, joining the trickle that was leaking from both his nostril.

"You're pathetic..." murmured the old man, cutting deeper and deeper. "Why are you even still her-"

Zak cutted him off after managing to free one of his arms from his tight grab, hitting the old man's face with his elbow and using the few energies left in his body for somehow getting up, pushing him off.
Staggering, the short boy runned towards his room, and as soon as he entered it, another bottle smashed against the wall beside the door.
In complete shock, Zak locked himself into his bedroom, going in the corner farther away from the entrance, and squeezing himself in it, completely unable to breathe properly nor stop shaking.
Painting heavily, he took out is phone and dialed a number as fast as he could, bringing it against his ear, while loud bangs and shouts started to came from the other side of the door.
He knew he was going to get killed if he didn't act quickly, his father was giving all the inputs of wanting to end him, and he saw them all.
Adrenaline and fear were trough the roof, taking over the pain and tiredness the short boy was supposed to feel.

'Please, please answer, please.'

Zak couldn't directly call the police.
It would happen once again.
No one answering.
No one there ready to help.
There was no time.

"Zak? Is ev-" tried to question the boy on the other side after picking up, cut off by the black haired boy almost immediately.

He didn't even realize he dialed Darryl's number until that moment.