29 | Relapse.

"What the fuck do you mean he got drunk again?" Harvey frowned, glancing with eyes full of anger and confusion at Mega, who just leaned his shoulder against the door jamb of Zak's locked dorm. He lifted one eyebrow in return.

A simple call just made that messy Thursday even messier.

In the morning, Zak tried to enter his classroom regardless of his suspension, and somehow the teacher expected that and locked the door, blocking him outside.
Obviously the Junior didn't give up, and faced the adult about wanting to participate regardless, but her words weren't what he hoped for.
After trying his best to find a way, he gave up and texted Mega, knowing he had access to his phone during lessons, and let him know about the situation.

Luckily for Zak, in his class there was a close friend of Harvey, called Zyph. He offered to pass his notes, and then the two Sophomores would help him out with the studies, since both Harvey and Mega were the best students of their year.

The trio spent the entire afternoon in Zak's dorm, and the two younger boys tried their best to help the Junior, getting unexpectedly good results.

After the night before, Zak looked way more relaxed and happy. He was finally able to focus on his work, unbelievably obtaining improvements.
And the two friends couldn't help but fist bump everytime the older would eat a bunch of Doritos from the bowl they profusely put in the middle of the table.

Zak was clearly trying his very best to recover and his improvements were amazing; there was no way he got drunk again.

"And why should I believe you exactly, Vincent?" Harvey asked narrowing his eyes, letting his sport bag slide off his shoulder and fall on the ground alongside his bat.

The three agreed on meeting back to Skeppy's dorm after baseball training, which he didn't go to for obvious reasons, but found the door locked and nobody inside.
Harvey got there first, while Mega just five minutes later, and as soon as the asian boy informed him, Vincent called.

"I hope I don't need to remind you all the bullshit you said about Zak and that you literally beat the shit outta me."

"I mean, you can just hung up if u don't believe me, but Zak is drunk, high and literally crying in the bathroom again. So, I couldn't care less about you two not coming here for him." the french boy on the other side rebut, remarking how it wasn't the first time.

"This is bullshit, when we left he was fine!" Harvey objected, bringing a hand against his forehead as he tried to process the situation.

Mega crossed his arms and coughed to recall his attention, indicating with a nod the phone that Harvey had against his ear. Without stopping frowning, the asian boy put the call on speaker.

«Zak was doing amazingly today.»

"Well, apparently he wasn't, otherwise he would be here, drunk, high and-"

"Oh God, shut the fuck up! We got it!" the taller Sophomore snapped, receiving a punch on the shoulder from Mega in exchange.

«Where is he.»

"At the first floor bathroom of Doni's house, he's throwing a party since tomorrow there's gonna be homecoming."

"Wait-" Harvey and his friend lifted their head simultaneously. "Could it be that..." his sentence didn't need an end to make Mega understand, he nodded slowly in reply.

«You better be the fuck out of that house before we'll get there, or I'm gonna destroy your ass for what you said about Zak, and what you did to Harvey.»

Without waiting for an answer, Mega pressed the red dot on the screen and ended the call, grabbing then Harvey's sleeve and then started running down the empty hallway by his side.