Chapter 12

Chapter 12

It was early morning,Irene checks her celphone.
A message from Chanyeol.

"Good luck to your work. Aja!"

She smiled at the message and remembers what happened last night. Should she give Chanyeol a chance?

'Why not? Hmm.. well because I don't want to hurt his feelings. Why am I so sure I'm gonna hurt him? Because I can't love him. I can't say I can't love him when I'm not going to try. Maybe he can help me forget about my feelings to Seokjin.'

Irene is trying to think thoroughly ,talking to herself about the situation.

"So should I try? But my conscience is telling me that this is wrong.."

"Irene? Are you talking to yourself again? Its almost eight. You're almost late to your work."

She snapped out in her thoughts when her mom barge in her room to get her used clothes for laundry.

"Mom... I was thinking if...." her mom waited for her to continue while she is being hesitant.
"Should I date Yeol?"

Her mom was a little surprised on her question.
"Darling, I'm sorry if its because of me that you're thinking about this this early morning. Though I can tell that Chanyeol is a good guy, but if you can't return his feelings then there's no need to push yourself."

"But mom, I'm thinking if I should give him a chance?"
Her mom looks at her with a questioning look.
"You've been friends with him since high school, and you've rejected the guy many times. Why are you considering this now? Did something happened ?"

Irene tried to dismiss the topic. She'll tell her mom maybe one of these days, that she just met Chanyeol last night and.. about Seokjin. But for now, she needs to go to her office.

"Well, anyways I need to prepare now,I wasn't able to finish my work yesterday."

Her mom didn't ask her anymore. She knows her daughter will tell her everything eventually when she is ready.

"I already prepared your breakfast at the table. Stop skipping breakfast okay?"

"Alright mom, thanks." And with that she went straight to the bathroom.

___________

"Good Morning Ms. Irene!" one of the staff greeted her with a big smile on her face. She smiled back and greeted her too.

"It feels like a wonderful day." She said to herself while she smiles at everyone she encounters at the hallway. Its like everyone is in good mood and smiling at her.

She finally reached her desk when a big bouquet of flowers greeted her.

She looks around, hoping to catch whoever gave the flowers to her so she could give thanks.
But everyone looking at her direction seems curious about the flower bouquet on her desk too.

One of her colleagues, Lucy,finally came up and asked her "Uh, Ms. Irene, is it true that our boss is dating you? I mean, you know, its been the talk of the week, ahaha, so everyone is curious if that's from our Boss? He is so sweet isn't he? You are such a lucky girl!"

Irene rolled her eyes. "Well, look." She opened the card to show her the sender of the flowers.

Lucy squinted her eyes and adjusted her eyeglasses to have a better look. "To the sweetest girl, Have a good day! Love, Chanyeol!" She tried to read aloud on purpose so her officemates can hear too. "Cha..Ch..Chanyeol?? Not Seokjin?!" Lucy was shocked and everyone seems to be satisfied with that proof that their boss and his secretary arent really dating.

"Chanyeol? Who is he?Is he your boyfriend?"
Then someone at her back clears his throat.
"I thought I heard my name earlier? Aren't you suppose to be working?" Everyone seems to go back to their work and pretend to be busy upon seeing Seokjin.

Irene was startled by his presence and face her computer, trying to ignore him.

Seokjin looks at her desk. "Nice flowers." And with that he entered his office.

—————-///

AN:

Sorry for this crappy update :(