Chapter 5

When Angel and Creeper arrived at Romero Brothers' they found Coco outside the office with a cigarette in hand. He noticed them the second they pulled up to the gate, his eyes locked in them until they noticed him.

"Hey man," Angel said cautiously.

"Hey," Coco eyed him suspiciously as they shook hands. "You with him?" He asked, motioning to Creeper.

"Uh, yeah," Angel said, unsettled by the seemingly obvious question. "Is Bishop around?"

Coco nodded. "Yeah. Why? What's up?"

"Luca Rossi and Poppy Cahill," Angel said darkly.

"Yeah, we should talk then," Coco said, gesturing to the Jeep passing through the gate.

"We got some scrap too," Creeper added. "Cash for that shit would be great."

Coco nodded and motioned for Creeper, who he knew considerably better than Angel, to follow him into the office.

"Bishop, right?" Angel asked as the older man slammed his car door shut.

"That's me," Bishop nodded. "You go around Jimmie's, don't you?"

"I do, we both know Poppy too," Angel didn't hesitate to bring her up.

Bishop nodded. "I was just there looking for her. Her old man said she's sick, I don't buy it."

That was deeply concerning to Angel. "Did he?"

"Yeah," Bishop sighed. "There's something off about her, about that set up."

"Got a little crush?" Angel asked, feeling jealousy begin to churn.

"No," he said, slightly annoyed, "But I know shit ain't right," Bishop added. "I don't have to wanna take a girl to bed to wanna help her."

Angel recoiled, feeling defensive despite Bishop not knowing anything of his relationship with Poppy. "Just sayin' it would complicate shit."

"Yeah, no shit," Bishop grumbled. "How are you involved in it?"

"Luca's fucking my girlfriend," Angel said angrily, "Well, my ex girlfriend," he corrected himself. "I went around to the shop looking for him and we got to talk, he's controlling as fuck, she acts like he owns her."

"I was under the impression he did," Bishop said. "He saw us talking and told me next time I'd have to pay the regular fee."

Angel rolled his jaw. "She didn't say anything about him pimpin' her out and when we talked last night she wasn't sick at all."

"I don't think he sells her, a guy like that is nothing but talk," Bishop mused. "He didn't want to admit he felt threatened so he went at me from a business standpoint."

"Speaking of business," Angel clicked his tongue. "This place yours?"

"Not just mine, but yeah," Bishop said. "You and Creeper run that chop shop?"

"Yeah," Angel nodded. "It's not the best kept secret," he laughed.

"As long as they ones who aren't meant to know, dont, you're good."

"Fuck. Bish. What happened?" Coco asked, sounding somewhat concerned, when he saw Bish's new, much shorter, do.

"I needed a reason to go by," he said by way of explanation.

Angel didn't listen to the humorous exchange, instead he was texting Poppy. Hearing she was sick, sent his concern for her into overdrive. She very well could have been but there was a chance she wasn't and it probably would have been his fault.