Welcome to Prom Pt 8

Y/n POV:

I touch up the last little things left to do to my hair before walking out the door to head to Prom. A quick pull back by my mum pushing me to the wall and forcing me to smile at the camera with some stupid pose isn't what I wanted right now but that's okay because it's Prom. Hero said he would call me once he's down the end of the street but it feels like it's taking forever for him to get here.

Hero's POV:

I'm super nervous, no extremely nervous. I'm holding the wheel to my car very tightly even know I could easily slip off the road if I wanted too with all the emotions I'm going through right now. I never wear suits so my body feels odd in this stiff outfit, Y/n made me wear a gold tie to match her dress since she said that I've seen it already. I pick up my phone from the passenger seat and send a message to Y/n that I'm heading down that street but that's when my face begins to sweat like a raining day and drip everywhere, what is wrong with me.

Y/n POV:

Walking down the pathway to Hero's car I glance up to see his jaw basically hit the ground. The sparkles in his eyes make me feel like the happiest girl in the world to have him as my Prom date, my best friend and only best friend I'll ever have feelings for is taking me to Prom and I couldn't feel any better. During the car ride we scream the lyrics to all the good old hits of One Direction before arriving at our destination which is the school. Hero is such a gentleman by opening the car door and placing his hand on mine to help me out of the car, this night is going to be so special.

Hero's POV:
I'm lost of words. Walking her into the school is unreal she is the most beautiful girl ever and it's not just her looks it's also her cute personality too. Dressed in her sparkly gold dress that has a sexy slit on the side is definitely gathering attention off the other male students entering the school, I could easily yell at them if I wanted too but I'm not gonna ruin this night for her.

Y/n POV:
The night goes on and Hero and I dance away on the dance floor to all the throwbacks because we only love throwback music from 2016 and back.
"I've never danced with someone this gorgeous before", the words slip from his mouth.
I almost laugh because he's definitely lying.
"Your lying".
"I'm seriously not you make me so happy and lucky to have you as my best friend that you just glow and all that beauty on you just makes you the most gorgeous person".
I lay my head on his shoulder as the music sweeps under my feet and takes me to a whole new destination. Hero hands glide down my side to my hips as he gently squeezes them.

Hero's POV:
It's time, I have to do this now or the moment will never be this special again.
"Hey Y/n you know that I really love you as my Best friend but something feels weird and I don't want that anymore", oh no that may have hurt her.
She lifts her head up and removes her hand as fear takes over her face, she's so cute.
"No no just listen to me. We have been best friends since we were in elementary and our love for each other grew stronger as years went on, I don't know about you but my feelings for you drive me crazy this is why right now I want to ask if you will be my girlfriend?", I say.
My hands begin to shake.

Y/n POV:
The words hit me like a bus full of love. This was so sweet nothing over the top and he did it at the place where we both started catching feelings for each other. I get a little closer to him to place a passionate kiss on his soft lips.
"Yes yes I will", the excitement in my voice is overwhelming.
His hands reach around me and I stand here with my best friend now boyfriend and I feel like I'm home.