Chapter~6 Sisters by heart, not by blood

Sky's * POV *

I asked Sophie what she called for and I almost screamed when she told me. But this, this was a scream of terror- "Hayes and Hannah got in a car- accident..." Sophie said really quietly. I had no reaction at first and just sat still. No one talked for at least 10 minutes then I spoke up. "What? " I said hoping for it to be a lie. "Yeah I know I found out this morning Nash was driving them back to Hannah's house after they went to the movies. Hayes had a few brushes here and there, but Hannah...." Sophie trailed off. "WHAT! " I screamed into the phone. "She's - in - the, the, the - hospital." She finally spit out. I was speechless at first. "How bad is it?" I asked quietly.  "Bad... She was on the side of the car that got the most impact.. She was on the right side; the other car hit the same side. The police said the other driver turned out to be drunk. I'm sitting in the waiting room now, waiting with Hannah's mom and my mom." She said. I felt really bad, Hannah was really nice. And I felt even worse for Sophie we've known each other for ever and Sophie and Hannah were born friends. Sophie said her mom and Hannah's mom were close friends before and after she and Hannah were born. "Oh..." I trailed off. "Yeah...and Hayes is here too." Sophie whispered.  "Oh, is he okay?" I asked. "Not really... I'm mean he is really sad and he is even more worried because the doctors aren't sure if she will make it...." Sophie said even more quietly. "WHAAAT!" I barked into the phone. "Yeah the other car hit pretty bad; or at least that's what the doctors said... my mom said we would have to leave soon because we've been here for a while, but Hayes and of course Hannah's mom are staying overnight." "Okay; well I'm so sorry." I responded quietly.  "I know you are, I'll text u later, bye Sky." Sophie said quietly.  Before I could even respond she hung up. I could tell she had been crying, I could hear it in her voice.  I tried to get my mind off of that sad topic so I turned on the tv until my parents came home.