34 | Swingy

"Tara!" Lewechi screamed, and jumped on me. I almost toppled over. She was literally shrinking my flesh with her big bones, suffocating me slowly. "Let. Go. Of. Me." I said, as though taking deep breaths after each word. The other girls ran to me, too. But they didn't have murderous tendencies like Lewechi did. I remember saying Lewechi is a witch. Yes, this is true forevermore.

"Senior Omotara, welcome" "Senior Omotara welcome" "Senior Omotara, welcome", filled my already itchy ears as they came spreading their fake hugs on me—those from other rooms also. Ew. Sweaty bodies dragged me here, dragged me there, dragged me everywhere, like a teddy bear. I swear, I was ready to shed a tear. There came hugging me too. I winced as Lewechi dragged me even before they could all finish hugging me to pieces me one by one. I wondered how I had become that person that let's people hugged her anyhow. But I realized I needed these hugs, fake or not. I needed lots of hugs, and what better persons were there to give it than—

Chizutere!

—No. The girls.

No. Chi-zu-tere.

Nope. The girls.

Chizut

Shut up, brain!

Shut up.

Good.

Now that there is silence...

Chizutere!

Ahhh!

One more mention of that name and I would break.

"Noah is now my boyfriend!"

"What?" My brain almost burst out of my head.

"How?! I thought you said he's a pastor's son!" I say as though I'm angry with her.

"A pastor's son that wants me to sit between his legs on every break time."

"What does that mean?"

"You know now... tapping current..."

"Jesus." I shook. "Even Jesus would say Jesus!"

I was just a second into the room and we were talking about boys. Epic.

"I don't know if he wants this." She un-hugged me and shoved her crotch back and forth in three swift swingy motions.

"Ew. Shut up! I only just got here."

"I wasn't talking," she laughed. "He's a pastor's son. When I gasp ah I want him to say sorry sister lewechi, God is in control. I looked at her with the most disgusted look I could muster, and started dragging my things to my bed. Turns out my juniors had packed most of the load for me.

"You know what, just stop alright? Go and ask God for forgiveness for thinking such vain thing."

Lewechi laughed. "You sound like Sister Agnes, Sister Tara."

"And you sound like a mad girl from fifty shades of grey." I hadn't even spent a second in the room and I already knew there was so much I missed out on not being in SMCC all this while. Okay, my ear was itching to hear it all. I kept my luggages by my bed, sat on my bed, shuffled my feet off my shoes, lifted a leg on the bed and massaged my toes. I couldn't miss any school gist again. "So, this gist... What is it again?"

Lewechi smiled. "The pastor's son?"

"No!" I sat up. "The excursion. It's next tomorrow, right?"

"Oh..." She started talking and talking. But God knows, it's the pastor's son gist I wanted to her.

Oh, my God. Boarding school was surely a crude place.