Chapter Three

Work still hadn't changed. We always goofed off more than we did work, but thankfully, we were all always with each other, so we could write then too. Today, I was with Maddie and Tae.

"Cal, how are the kids feeling having a new sibling?" Maddie asks.

"Uh, I don't know if Kensi can understand it yet, but Kaiston Grace is excited. She wants another sister" I say.

"Imagine three girls" Tae adds.

"Well, I'd love it, but Kolter Grey and Morgan want a boy" I say.

"Well, it's already close to when we leave for tour, so you could find out" Maddie says.

"Yeah, but Morgan and I want to be surprised" I say.

"Then let Maddie and I find out and we won't tell you" Tae says jokingly. They absolutely hated waiting to know what the genders of our babies were going to be.

"Not happening" I say. We all laughed. Just then, Morgan walked in.

"Hello, Gorgeous" He says.

"Well, hey" Maddie chirps in a joking manor.

"Shut up" I say before Morgan leans down to kiss me.

"How ya doing?" He asks.

"I'm good. Are you heading home?" I ask.

"About too. I'll get dinner started and everything" He says.

"Okay, well. We're having some guests tonight. Kolter Grey, Willa Gray, and AJ are spending the night" I say.

"Sweet. I'll gather all of them up and head home" He says 

"Okay, I'll see you then" I say. He kissed me one more time.

"I love you" He says before walking out.

"You've got the whole pack, don't you?" Tae says.

"I do. I volunteered to have a sleepover" I say. "Plus, all the kids love each other, so why not".

"I can't wait to add my little ones to your sleepover parties" Maddie says.

"Well, you know what to do to get yo that" I say with a smirk.

"Oh, I do, but we don't about that yet.  Especially, with the tour going on" She says.

"I get that. I'm terrified for Morgan and I to be apart, but I also have a feeling this will be our boy, so that means our last" I say.

"You need to find out, so you know for sure. You can't keep saying it's going to be your boy" Maddie says.

"I know, but we decided we don't want too" I say.

"Well, why don't you find out the gender and then surprise Morgan or something" Tae says.

"That would be so cute!" Maddie says. I have to say. I did like the idea.

"Well, my next appointment is the day after they leave for Florida" I say.

"Perfect. We can all go and find out then surprise Morgan" Maddie says.

"You guys would do that?" I ask.

"Callan, don't you know us by now?" Tae asks. I smile.

"True. I'm down" I say.

"Its a date. When do they leave?" Maddie asks.

"January 1st" I say.

"Perfect. We can all meet up at the house and some of us can stay with the kids, then the others can go to the appointment" Tae says 

"I can't wait" I say. "But right now, I gotta get home".

They both told me to go on and go, so that's what I did. I loved having all the kids over, so I wanted to spend as much time with then as possible. It was always so much fun when all of then were together.

***

When I got home, Morgan already had dinner made. He made spaghetti, because he knew all the loved it. After we had all eaten, the kids played for a while and Morgan and I cleaned up, then joined in on their fun. We always loved playing with them all.

When 8:00 rolled around, we gathered all of them up in Kensi's room, because it had an extra bed in it that I sleep in if she's sick. We were going to read them a bedtime story. Kensi had moved onto a big girl bed, so she had a small twin bed in one corner and in the other was the queen bed. Kensi and Ada James were closer, so they stayed in that room. Willa Gray and Kaiston Grace stayed in her room in her bed, and Kolter Grey had his own room. We were lucky to have such a big house.

We read them a book and tucked them all in.

"Dada, sing" Kensi says.

"Sing, Uncle Morgan!" Ada James agrees. I smiled at him.

"I'll get the others to bed. You stay" I say. He nods. I carry out Kaiston Grace in my arms to her bedroom with Willa Gray behind me. "Okay, girls. You all sleep well, and I'll see you in the morning". They were both si tired and felt right to sleep after I kissed their foreheads. I then went to Kolter Grey's room. "Ready for bed, bub?".

"Yeah" He says and climbs in. I sat on the edge of his bed.

"Sleep well, okay" I say.

"I will, mama" He says. That took me my surprise. He usually just called me 'Cal'.

"You called me 'mama'" I say.

"Is that okay?" He asks. I sat on the edge of the bed.

"Bud, I don't mind, but what will your mommy say?" I ask.

"I know she's my mommy and my daddy is my daddy and you're my step mommy, but I feel different not being able to call you 'mama' like the girls" He says.

"Well, I don't want you to feel different because you are just as loved. You know that I love you like my own son, and that will never change. And, if you want to call me that, you can, but you have to ask your mommy" I say.

"Okay, I will" He says.

"Alright. Goodnight, bud" I way and kiss his cheek before walking out of his bedroom. I was honeslty shocked by his comment, but it kind of broke my heart that he felt different. He wasn't any less my son just because I didn't birth him. Everyone knew that.

After the kids were all tucked away, Morgan and I sat out on the back porch. We had a cow that overlooked the city of Nashville.

"Kolter Grey go to sleep good?" He asks.

"Yeah. But, he called me mama" I say. Morgan raised an eyebrow.

"Really?".

"Yeah. He said that he felt weird that he wasnt able to but the girls were. I told him that if he wanted to call me that, he could, but he had to talk to Hannah about it first" I say.

"He always tells TR and I that he's lucky because he has two mamas that love hin instead of one" Morgan says. I had never known that.

"Man, I love that little boy" I say.

"Did you ever think we'd end up like this? Like us sitting on our own back porch with our kids asleep in the house with all our friends kids here too, and you pregnant with our third?" He asks.

"God, no. I never thought I'd ever get to end up with you" I say.

"Fourteen to Twenty Nine. What an adventure" He says. I lean over and kiss him.

"Something tells me it's still just the beginning".