Chapter Nine

***

It was January 8th. Not even a week had passed since I had my son and lost him. Morgan had called me every single day, and Hannah was still staying with us. Tomrrow, I had an appointment to check on my stitches, and I was dreading going back to that hospital. I just wanted to stay at home, and that's exactly what I had been doing. I know that I said I didnt want to be how I was before when Morgan and I broke up, but that's exactly what I turned into.

"Alright, Cal. Breakfast is ready. The kids were fed and now they're playing, so you need to eat" Hannah says walking into my room carrying a tray.

"I'm not hungry" I say.

"You've still got to eat. You have an appointment tomrrow and we're heading to Georgia" She says.

"So" I say. I really was not feeling anything anymore.

"Callan Grey Wallen, I am sick of seeing you wallow in this bed. If you don't get up, I will drag you out by your hair" She says before storming out of my room. I rolled my eyes and pulled the covers over my head.

***Hannah's POV***

Seeing Callan the way she was was heartbreaking. I know she was hurting, and I didn't know what she was going through, but none of us girls did, but I think I know exactly what she needed to get out of her funk...besides Morgan. I just needed to make a few calls.

***Callan's POV***

An hour had passed. I had eaten the avocado toast Hannah brought me, so she'd be happy. Now, I just wanted to sleep again. I turned my TV off, and turned on my side. My goal was almost complete until my door burst open.

"Callan Grey, get your ass up" I hear. I look up and see Hannah standing there.

"Oh, come on. I ate and drank that coffee. Let me wallow" I say.

"Hey, I'm not here to try and get you up. I did once and failed, but I brought reinforcements" She says. I raise my eyebrow, then Naomi, Jennifer, and Tae all appeared in the doorframe.

"Get your ass up" Naomi says. I smile at her.

"Well, thank god. I haven't seen you smile in a week" Hannah says. I sit up and they all pile in the bed with me.

"So, Josh and Jonah took the kids, and we're having a girls day" Tae says.

"Where's Maddie?" I ask.

"She, uh, she thinks she caught something from the hospital. She's beein sick a lot according to Jonah" Hannah says. "I called them earlier and he said she was sleeping".

"Well, I'm glad you guys are here" I say.

"Cal, we've been worried. Hannah said you were acting like you did back when Morgan kissed her" Jennifer says.

"I-I guess I have been. Only this time, I've been forced to be social" I say.

"I told you I wasn't going to let you wallow away in your bed" Hannah says. "All you've done is sleep and barely eaten. You've seen the kids a lot, but still. They're all five and under".

"I love my kids, but...I don't know" I say.

"But, they can't replace your new baby. They have their own place" Tae says.

"Cal, you can fill that hole in your heart" Naomi says.

"Well, I'm done having kids, so I don't see how" I say.

"Nothing will ever replace that little boy, but you're going to have something you love just as much as your own child. You just wait and see" Jennifer adds. I nod.

"I'm just thankful for all of you all. You've all been by my side since I got here five years ago, and have never left. I don't know what I'd do without you" I say. "Especially, you, Hannah. I've basically been the fourth child this week, and I can't thank you enough".

"We're family. Family takes care of each other" She says.

"If that's the case, then there's no other family I'd rather be a part of".