Chapter XXI

Cove layed on Devins lap, her eyes gently closed as dreamed more and more, this time watching as her father talked to friends from the past. She tried to phase up some kind of answer some way she could possibly talk to him. She needed answers, she wanted to know who he actually was, what he did and why he was so stand off. Finally the room filled with black, the floor filled to the same black liquid as last time, her boots lugged in the black liquid until finally she spotted what seemed to be her father.

"Dad."

The male turned around spinning his cane brushing his fingers through his messy brown hair, he was young again. She walked slowly to him before watching as he pulled his arm behind his back. He looked so professional yet so youthful and ready to go in for his first pounce. He looked around before spinning in the direction of Cove. He walked past her as if he couldn't see her, it was a memory, as she walked with him she watched as a young girl ran besides him. Her hair was ginger much like Cove's and her green eyes watched Matthew with no hesitation. She reached out for his arm and he took it, it was her mother, it had to be. But they disappeared before she could even think about it, and out stood none other than Cove herself.

It felt like a mirror, yet it didn't if that was who she truly looked like or was this who'd she'd become. THe other copy of her was wearing a red uniform, it was a formal uniform with a silver badge on the side. You could tell it was supposed to be a button up jacket but it was torn down the middle, sleeves were cuffed above her elbow. She had a cut on her cheek and one of her eyes were bruised closed. She held a gun in one hand, but her hands shook at the grasp of it, she was scared. Cove looked to the other side looking to see a man in black, the man in black, the one she remembered because of Ethan, the one who ruined the family by his presence.

"Do you understand how powerful you could be?"

"I don't want to be powerful I want to know what you did to my fathers work."

"Then hand it over." Cove watched the hand that was seemingly in the shadows of Cove's dreams only for her arm to pull in front of her with a glass filled with a green liquid.

"What do you want with it,"

"You said you wanted to know about Matthew correct?" Cove watched as the doctor in the black jacket walked closer to her, but she backed up.

"But why should I trust you,"

"Because I'm the one person who hasn't done anything wrong here."

Cove watched as the dream blew away before her eyes then she saw Ethan, he was holding onto his dark ginger hair. He was crying, screaming there was a gun at his knees and his shirt was ripped. She hadn't seen him in so long, walking over she kneeled before him. She wanted to hold her hand out to comfort him but she couldn't this was a memory.

"I-I'm sorry, t-thi-is is all m-my fault."

She watched him carefully, she could feel his distress. But she didn't understand why he was upset, she just wanted to see her family happy. She wanted to see her mother, her father, her brother, she watned things to be normal again. But then she looked before her, a man in a bright blue tux with a cane in one hand and a monocle on the other eye. He seemed so tall, she stood up and walked with him, next to him stood a little boy dressed like a paper boy from the 1920s. He held onto a clipboard following the tall man, their steps followed in perfect harmony, but the most important part, she felt like she knew the both of them.

"Dr. Miller are you sure this will work."

"There must be a special group of people to control the next generation of Presidents."