Preface

As the best doctor and surgeon in the heart of New York, you're quite busy considering all the "unusual" cases that constantly come in every day. It's no secret that there are a lot of crime and gang activity around the city... And you've become quite known among the streets because you do your job, and well, and don't ask any questions.

You'd never admit it, but you were respected among the criminal world, to the point where rival gangs would quietly sit next to each other in your waiting room as if they wouldn't kill each other outside, like your hospital was some kind of neutral territory.

Criminals, gang leaders, members of the mafia, etc. You fixed them up and moved on. Not only did you not care about why people came in with the injuries they did, but you had your reasons as to why you were never afraid either.

Even if it meant "H," the leader of the American Mafia and one of the most feared men across the globe. The public hardly knew what he looked like and even if they saw him, they likely didn't know that that's who he was... But everyone knew that he existed, even law enforcement. So how is he not behind bars?

He was untouchable. I mean, he owned half of law enforcement anyway, but even if he didn't, you'd never find any proof or any evidence that he was involved in anything, even if they knew he was. The power he had was terrifying. No one with any kind of common sense would ever dare cross him.

He was supposedly skilled in anything related to combat, though he probably never had to raise a finger, his men loyal and more than willing to sacrifice their lives for their boss...

Or perhaps they were just too afraid to find out what happened if they didn't obey?

But you weren't.