21. Hey There Delilah

I wake up while it's still dark out with Luke's arm draped across my chest making it hard to breathe. I cough and struggle out from under his weight, managing to roll onto the floor with a thump. He doesn't wake up, just grunts and rolls over again, mumbling gibberish in his sleep.

I am immediately aware of the fact that I'm wearing absolutely nothing and I shuffle around in his drawers, successfully finding a (hopefully) clean pair of boxers and a T-Shirt of his after a solid five minutes of rifling. I glance at the clock and see it's only about five AM. I groan at the realisation but know that there's no way I'm getting back to sleep now.

I pad quietly down the stairs in my bare feet and into the kitchen. I blush when I glance at the couch in the living room, thinking of last night. I'm never going to be able to see that sofa the same way again.

I shake my head, clearing my thoughts and turning my back on the lounge. I hum softly to myself as I dig around through Luke's fridge in search of something to quench my thirst. I settle for a glass of milk and move to his kitchen sink to stare out the window as I sip on my beverage.

His backyard is tiny, with a miniature swing set that has a worn-in air to it. It's dark out but the lights from the alleyway behind his house still manage to hide the stars in the sky from view, much to my disappointment.

I lean forward, placing my glass on the counter beside me and tilt my head back. I squint at the navy sky, wishing I could see more than helicopter lights flashing in the murky depths. I gasp as I catch sight of a bright light that isn't blue or flashing-an actual star. I stare at it in awe. Luke has created an appreciation in me for the night sky that I didn't think could exist. There's so much beauty in the night sky and we don't ever get to see it. This night makes me yearn for nocturnal life and work hours outside of the standard 9-5 just so I could experience the navy backdrop regularly. I smile slightly to myself as more stars slowly appear as my eyes become more accustomed to the dark.

I jump as strong arms snake around my waist.

"Enjoying the view?" The words are murmured into my neck as Luke slowly gently presses his lips to it, sliding my hair out of the way with his warm fingers. I nod slowly, closing my eyes and sighing contentedly.

"I could get used to this," I whisper softly. I feel his smile against my skin.

He begins to hum softly to himself and we slowly sway back and forth, my back still to him. The vibrations coming from his body tickle my skin and send shivers up my spine. He continues to sprinkle my neck with the gentle ghosts of kisses. Within a minute I recognise the song he's singing. Not my first thought, considering it seems a tame song for him to listen to. It's Hey There Delilah by the Plain White T's and for some reason it fits. He raises his voice from his mumbled whispering and places his mouth millimetres from my ear to sing the words softly.

"Our friends would all make fun of us but we'll just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way." He spins me carefully so I'm facing him, staring up into his pretty blue eyes, which are illuminated by the light of the moon pouring through the window. He continues singing. "Winnie I can promise you that by the time that we get through, the world will never ever be the same. And you're to blame..." He trails off with the words but continues to hum, taking my hand in one of his and placing his other on my waist. He's wearing only a pair of dark boxers and we dance slowly around his kitchen in our underwear to the music he's creating. Eventually he finishes his song, but we continue to dance in the silence left behind, moving in a small circle. I smile up at him incredulously.

"You sang for me," I can't contain my joy and he shrugs but it's clear he's happy by the flush of his cheeks.

"I would do anything for you," He rests his forehead against mine and I can't explain my feelings. It's never felt so right with anyone. I stand on my tiptoes to press my lips to his and he kisses me sweetly back. After a moment, I pull away slightly and grin up at him.

"Luke Hemmings, I think I love you," I whisper. He beams at me and kisses me again.

"Winter Williams, I think I love you too."

(A/N: so this is the last real chapter and im :') so happy and sad because i love this story and i hope you did too. there is only the epilogue left, so in advance, thank you so much for reading this and maybe let me know if you think i should try writing another? I'm thinking about it, i just need inspiration, time and motivation. so let me know if you would read it?

Thanks u people r awesome)