Chapter 4: Living a Normal Life... I hope

I open my eyes and light is shining through my window. Oh boy, today's Monday. I absolutely hate Mondays but... who doesn't?

   I get up and take a shower. I think out my day. So Mom is at work, we need to go to school, I'm taking the bus home, Angeline will be picked up by Mom, and tonight, we eat pasta. I turn the shower off and take a step out. I dry myself and wrap the towel around my body. My hair is still dripping wet on my back and it's freezing.

   I wake up Angeline and she dresses in jeans and her old and favorite Minie Mouse shirt. I get dressed and fix breakfast. We eat in silence. I hear the bus squeak to a stop. We jump up and grab our back-packs and then run out to the bus.

   Tyler wasn't on the bus, thank God. I listen to music on my iPod. I can't go anywhere without it!!!

   Once I get to school, Cassie jumps on me. "Guess what!!!!" she squeals.

   "What?" I say dull-ly.

   She clears her throat, "Nothing. Nothing is happening around this prison!!! We should do something about it, we should break stuff, we should throw a party!!!!"

   "That's great, Cassie. Why don't you work on that while I read my book."

   "You lead a boring life, Dakota Cane!"

   "I know and I wish to keep it that way."

   She take out a bullhorn.

   "Where did you get that?" I ask.

   "People of High School, Dakota thinks we should do more. She says we should break stuff and throw a party!!!"

   I take the bullhorn out of her hand, "No!!! I didn't say that, now go back to your... whatever you're doing."

   Cassie swipes the horn away from me and frowns. The bell rings and everyone rushes to their classes.

   I grab my book and read it. A random guy walks up to me and asks, "Why don't you talk?"

   I choose not to answer. He rolls his eyes and walks away. The teacher quiets us down and says, "Today we are learning..." I can't pay attention. I keep thinking of that dream... no I told myself I would pretend as if it never happened.

   The bell rings and I'm the LAST one out of the class. Like I care. I'm just carrying out my normal life. I know everytime someone says that their life get more and more exciting but I'll ignore everything but my school work.

   I get to my next class, then my next, then my next and blah blah blah. Finally probably the most exciting time in my day is lunch. You'll never know what you might hear.

   Tyler sits by me. My heart pounds and my palms get sweaty. After that dream I've always thought.... different of him. "Anything new?" his voice is cold.

   I look at him and return to my book.

   "You're ignoring me?"

   No answer from me.

   "What did I do?"

   Should I tell him out the dream? Will he just say it's a dream and it's not true? That will be so humiliating. He'll probably tell everyone at school. I'd be known as a freak for the rest of my life. I just have to tell someone. "I had a really weird dream. It was with my grandpa and... you. You were a... no I shouldn't tell you."

   "Tell me."

   "No, I don't trust you," I grip the bookmark in my hand and press it to my chest.