Chapter 10

~Dakota~

   Turns out black hair just isn't for me. I'm coloring it to the original color. So now, I'm a brunette again.

   At school Cassie seemed even more frightened of me. Like I care. I've made a new friend over the last week. Her name is Stevie. She likes black too but she mostly focuses on the yellows and blues. She meets me at the parking lot. She's wearing lime green skinny jeans, a blue headband and a bright yellow shirt. She still looks 'goth' though. Her hair is black and her skin is as pale as if she was dead.

   "Hello," she sings.

   "Hello," I sing back.

   "Do you know which letter I hate? Q; I've always had a hard time in kindergarden writting it." Yeah, Stevie can be so random at times. When we were talking about math, she brought up cheese. She asked, 'What kind of cheese do you like?'

   "I know; I had a hard time writing the lower case."

   "Do you like hot dogs? I hate them. I never liked the texture or the taste. Ew."

   "No, I don't." See? Totally, straight up, random with a capital R.

   We walk to class and I put my things away. "Hey, girls, are you two having fun?" Tyler asks as he walks up to us. I haven't talked to him all week. He leans in close to me, his voice low, "Have you been avoiding me?" I smile nervously. I was... kind of. It's been... awkward seeing him lately.

   I walk to Art and Tyler follows on my heels. I hear him growl lowly when he sees Albert. He waves at me. He has turned into a cool kid, I guess. He wear all these styles and hangs out with the football team (I know, he's on the team). I've never been into sports, let alone watch them.

   I shudder when the temperature drop as I walk in. The room is so cold, goosebumbs raise on my arms when I'm just 3 feet away from the door.

   "Settle down; take your seats, please," the teacher says in a nagging tone. "Alright, class, get with your partners except Dakota and Albert."

   I look at her, waiting for something. "You two have new partners. Dakota, go with Josh and Albert, go with um.... Trixie." I take my seat next to Josh. He's kind of attractive. He has green eyes, blonde hair, and a muscled body. He's also on of the most popular kids in school.

   "Hi," his voice his quiet.

   "Hi," I say. "Should we get started?"

   We worked on the project until the bell rang. Tyler walks up to us and grabs my arm with a steel grip. "You're hurting me," I mutter to him. He smiles at Josh warmly.

   Tyler pushes me out the door. I eavesdrop in on their conversation. "Thanks for being her partner. You're better than Ed."

   "Your welcome, buddy," he patts him on the back.

   Once Tyler walks out, I pounce on him. "What did you do?!" I hiss.

   "Now, don't be mad but I made the teacher change partners."

   "What?!?!" I shove him against the wall. "I can take care of myself just fine. We're done. You're overprotective." I walk away and try not to look back.

   Stevie meets me at my locker, "Anything new?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Srry so short. I quickly wrote it