Chapter 2: Oh. Whatever.

I blinked once, twice, and a couple more times as I stared at the white wall.

When the flashback of what happened came back to me, I checked my clothes again to see if I'm still in uniform.

Sadly, I still am.

"Tsk, not a dream then," I sighed, a creeping feeling of panic rising in my throat. "Okay, breath," I inhaled then exhaled loudly.

After making sure I won't make an utter fool of myself again by fainting, I stood up from the bed I was on.

Beds lined up in a row with curtains to separate each bed and probably for privacy too. The smell of antiseptic in the air. White walls and sheets.

"Okay, clinic" I confirmed to myself.

Thankfully it seems I'm the only one here so its okay to talk out loud.

I looked out the window and saw a wide field out front.

"..Most students have probably gone home considering its.." I looked at the wall clock by the door,"5:15"

When I heard a creaking sound, I jumped a little when the clinic door opened. A lady wearing a white coat entered, only noticing me when she looked up from her phone.

"Oh good, you're awake. Are you feeling better now?" the nurse, I assume, asked.

"Uh. Yeees." I smiled, an awkward one probably because she looked at me a little weirdly.

"That's good. You're bag's right there and your parents had been notified.."

I took the bag she pointed out in a quick gesture.

"They almost sent your driver but Mia Ferrer insisted you'd be going home together, oh actually, she told me that.."

But even before she can finish what she was saying I was already out the door.

I opened the bag I had and searched for my phone. Ignoring that the phone I had now was the latest product from A*ple Products. Without delay, I scanned through my contacts and found my Mom's number.

It rang a few times before she answered, "Hello, dear? I'm afraid I'm going to have to call you back. The board meeting is about to start. You're with Mia, right? Love you, okay?"

And then all I could hear was beeping from the other line.

"What the hell was that? Board meeting?" As far as I know, mom's job doesn't require board meetings.

Still confused as fuck, I headed straight home.

Only problem is, my home isn't what it used to be. My humble home from before turned fucking huge.

A guard opened the gate for me when I was only inspecting the place, he greeted me by my name.

I wanted to cry because the whole day has only been confusing for me. And I'm starting to get anxious. And my head's beating again.

I looked around the house for a room that's probably mine. Considering I'm still an only child, the pastel themed room I found ten minutes in I was searching the damn mansion, is mine.

Once inside I began talking, "Okay, okay, okay! So, not a dream. Yes." I walked around the room, only talking out loud.

I did that for an hour.

I was feeling crazy. And I didn't really have anyone to talk to so I had to talk to myself.

So here's the conclusion I cam up with: I may or may not be in the book called, The Series of You and Me. 

But it looks like I still have my identity as Jax Valencerina, so then maybe it was the book that came to life.

The unknown girl before was Amelia 'Mia' Ferrer, the Main Character (MC). Mia has a best friend in another class and was only mentioned a couple of times, didn't have any major role in the book. BUT, that was because they weren't in the same class as seniors but they were, when they were juniors.

Assuming I'm that friend, either the setting changed or were still juniors.

"So, problem not really solved. But at least, I'm not confused as fuck as I was before," I told myself, sighing.

And in this maybe alternate world, were filthy rich. Like, rich rich. I went around the house, and had helpers telling me dinner was served and so on.

We have a huge family portrait in the living room.

Turns out, my family owns one of the largest book publishing company, is what I found in google. Not really expecting anything but still found the answer, nonetheless.

I headed down to the huge ass dining room when I gave in to my grumbling stomach. But immediately went back to my room after having satisfied myself.

"Ugh. Its not like I know how to turn everything back to normal.. so might as well go with the flow for now," I mumbled to myself staring at my ceiling. The scent of strawberry that lingers in the air from my the humidifier somehow calms me. After a few turns in my queen sized bed, exhaustion finally took over and had me dead asleep.