Chapter 3: Holy

The next day, I went to school.

Ready to accept everything the universe throw at me.

Come at me, bitch, I'm an heiress to a multi-billion company. So whoever said money can't solve your problem, must not have any money to solve 'em.

Yes. I just referenced the lyrics of '7 Rings' by Ariana Grande. Whatever.

"So to summarize, Miss Jax, Miss Mia is and your only best friend since childhood. I mean, that were sure of, since we had been with you since you were little" Raphael turned the stirring wheel to the side.

Aaron nodded, he looked back at me in the backseat as he adjusted from the passenger side he was in. "Miss Jax met Miss Mia through a party and she was the only one that stuck by you, considering your very shy personality."

I found out just this morning that I had two escorts to bring me to and from school, Raphael and Aaron.

"By shy personality.. I was a mean kid, am I right?" I shifted my gaze from the road and on to Aaron. Without missing a beat, "Yes, Miss" he answered, rather jolly.

Raphael gave me a worried look through the front mirror and then back to the road, "Miss, are you sure this is nothing to be worried about? What if this isn't just a short term memory loss? Do you even remember us? Your parents?--"

As we were leaving the house this morning, I told them I was having a memory loss just so I could ask them a few questions.

"Calm down, dude" I patted him in the shoulder. And as soon as I said that, the car came to a screeching halt. "Miss!" both of them gasped. Which surprised me enough I pushed myself back until I felt the seat leather behind me.

"The Miss we know would never say that!" Raphael started the car again as soon as other cars started to honk at us from behind.

I heaved a sigh, "Look, I will be fine. Only a few memories were gone. I remember you guys, my parents, my school. I just forgot some part about Mia.. my best friend in the whole wide world. Okay? So please, don't mention any of these to my parents. Pinky promise," I pushed myself in between the front seats so I could look at them both.

They were quiet at first but eventually gave in, "Pinky promise" ,they simultaneously answered.

When we arrived, I thanked them then went inside the building. I tried remembering my way to the classroom I woke up in yesterday. Thankfully, I reached the room in no time.

Mia, though, was there waiting for me by the door. As soon as she saw me, she wrapped her arms around me neck, giving me a tight hug. Tight enough to stop my breathing.

And tight enough for me to tap her rib side with my knuckles.

"Ouch!" She let go.

I smiled at her, then went inside the room as I looked around for my seat.

"Don't just smile and walk away!" Mia followed, frowning. "I told the nurse to tell you we'd go home together!"

I sat down on the seat I assumed was mine.

"Oh. Maybe she forgot to tell me. I was so tired yesterday I went ahead and went home," I scanned the room to familiarized myself more.

Mia kept quiet but stood still by my chair, so I eventually looked up at her.

Her sulking yet still pretty face was what greeted me, "You finally looked at me. Did I do something to upset you? If there is then just tell me and.."

I gaped at her ever so slightly.

In my original world, I don't have many close friends so I didn't get to have this kind of experience there.