Chapter 30

Much later in the afternoon when I finally got around to taking a shower I was in the middle of finding a shirt from my closet when Chris popped his head back in my room.

"You getting ready for the party?"

I slipped a gray long sleeve shirt on before questioning, "We're still going?"

He chuckled, "Well yeah, what are you to worn out now?"

I rolled my eyes and picked up the shirt he had left on my floor and threw it at him.

"Okay clearly not." He says completely ignoring the article of clothing hitting him in the chest. "Oh, I have one more present for you."

I eyes blew wide and he laughed for a minute before explaining, "No it's from me and the band, nothing to wild this time."

He disappeared for a second and came back with a box covered in blue wrapping paper. I stopped fussing with my clothes to take the gift from him, noticing that it seemed fairly light. I sat at the foot of my bed taring into the paper and I opened the box to find some sort of white clothing, so I pulled it out to discover it was a dress. It was silky to the touch and it was almost sleeveless with the shoulder pieces wrapping around the neck a bit. It was gorgeous.

"Wow thank you so much, I'll have to thank the rest of the boys tonight when I see them." I tell him as I continue to take in the details of the dress, I had never worn something like it.

"Wear it tonight." He suggests. "That's what it's basically for anyway."

"You don't think it'll be to much?"

He shrugged, "It's your birthday, you can wear whatever you damn well please."

I laughed and nodded before changing into the dress and I was surprised by how well it fit, someone had been paying too much attention to my figure. "Who chose this?"

"Honestly Ghost and Allie were the ones to pick it, we all just agreed you'd look beautiful in it and you do."

I blushed slightly before turning to my dresser to put in some faux pearl earrings and found some black flats before beginning to fix my makeup. Chris stepped out, saying he needed to get ready as well and by the time I was all done he was standing in my doorway again. He wore a white long sleeve button up with the sleeves rolled up to display some of his amazing tattoos and a pair of black skinny jeans with solid black converse. It was like he somehow knew that this was one of my favorite looks on him.

"We look like we're going to some sort of formal event." I remark.

"I feel kind of like I'm going to prom all over again."

"I never went so I can't relate to that."

"You didn't go to prom?"

I shook my head as I got to my feet and noticed that Chris was giving me a look of disbelief. So I finally asked, "What?"

"Why didn't you go?"

I shrugged before explaining myself, "The way it turned out each year I considered going every dress I liked showed my scars somehow, so I would just give up and stay home."

"Well now that doesn't matter anymore, you're with people that care about you and your scarring won't make them change that."

I couldn't stop myself from smiling as I reached over to hug him tightly and he returned it, pressing a kiss to the top of my head as he did so. After that we quickly headed out for Ricky's and the whole drive was filled with loud music and Chris being a dork by singing it in a really off key tone to be funny. We arrived at Ricky's to see that it was already full with the band along with their girlfriends and to my surprise Shelby was there too.