CHAPTER 11

As the song goes:

'Cause she's good for me

And it would really make me happy

To never let her slip away...

...

HIS POINT OF VIEW

Yes, I like her. I really do.

Deep breaths, man. Deep breaths.

Admitting that fact to myself made it easier to put things into perspective, though I think I've been going down that path for quite a while now. This is why I always want to be around her or why I always want to talk to her, why I always want to be around her, why people seem to notice something different about me whenever we're together. This was why I wasn't so happy when I found out Thomas, her crush, will start joining us for training. This was it all along.

Putting it in words, however, even if it's just in my head, makes everything all the more real...

If you ask me kung kailan 'to lahat nagsimula, wala akong mabigay na araw o oras. Maybe it was the moment I first saw her and there was no more turning back since then. Or maybe it was when she was there for me when I didn't even know I needed someone. Or maybe I just realized along the way that she's just too great a girl for me to let her get away.

As a volleyball player, she's great. But with her, it doesn't end there. She's also a great person. I have seen that in the limited time I have spent with her. She's strong, she's loyal and she's genuine. But that's not all... There's something about her. I can't name it now, pero someday, maybe I will be able to put my finger on it...

And I don't know kung bakit it took me this long bago ko naamin sa sarili ko 'yung nangyayari. Pero siguro kasi this is not the usual routine I go through whenever I start to like somebody kaya hindi ko agad namalayan. Before, at first sight, alam ko nang gusto ko 'yung girl and I make my move right away...

But not this time. This one took quite a while before it was realized. And I think it was all for the better. And the option of right away making a move? I don't think that would work in this case.

This time, I know it's different. She's different. Definitely.

"Oh Teng! Nalunod ka na ba d'yan?" sigaw ng crush ko.

I shook my head and I can't help but smile which has always been the case kapag nasa paligid siya. She may be the first person to make my heart beat this fast and this strong just by being around me, but man, I feel like it's going to be very difficult trying to get to her...into her head and into her heart.

But nevertheless, I would be a fool not to try...

"Malupet 'yan Jeron! Achievement! Nalunod sa shower," sigaw naman ni Mika...yata? Nand'yan na pala teammates niya.

"Tapos na 'kong mag-shower kanina pa," natatawang sagot ko. "Nagpapatuyo lang ng buhok."

I heard them laugh at napailing na lang ako. Lakas trip.

Maaga kaming natapos ngayon ni Ara ng training since we started a little early kaya ayan, may time pa silang pagtripan ako.

I stood up, got my bag, and went to the door of the shower rooms. Wala na sila dun. I peeked at the court at nandun na 'yung dalawa, naglolokohan habang tinutulungang 'yung aide na nagseset-up nung net for their practice.

Huh. Talagang they took time lang para humirit. Bullies talaga.

As I walked towards the bleachers, I watched, admittedly, the new object of my affection. She seems to be different now. I mean, since dati pa, alam ko if I am ever asked to look for her in a crowd, I can immediately spot her. And when she enters the room, malalaman mo agad. Ganun talaga 'yung presence niya. Whenever you're with her, you can't help but feel like you've become a part of a story that revolves just around her...