Chapter I

Inside Midford Palace…

“Princess!” Again have I heard his enchanting voice. I look at the man I have been into for 18 summers.

 His brown, wavy hair that reaches his nape dances with the blowing wind gracefully. His bright green eyes are fix on my own ocean blues, and his pink, thin lips curves into a smile.

I heaved out a sigh. I will never get tired of looking into him. My very own knight. My love.

He on his horse reaches me and holds out his hand. “A ride, my princess?” I grin. “I love to, my knight” And he returns the grin I have shown. He helps me up to his brown, armored horse and into his front.

His mouth lingers near my right ear, feeling his breathe; I shiver. “A-arthur..”  But there’s only a giggle. “I can’t wait to call you my love.. My princess” Announced he. I smiled, feeling an overwhelming twitterpatedness.

Arthur inhales my scent and kisses my cheek. “Arthur!” I giggled. How I love this guy! “I really hope your brother agrees when I announce a marriage” He will. I really hope he will… I can’t wait. “Me too.” I face him, leaving only inches of gap between our faces.

“If only we’re legal, I swear to the Gods I’m already kissing you” He says as he continuously stares at my lips. “You just kissed me” A joke, I made. Thus, he only did a smug smile. “What I mean is—on your luscious, pink lips” He whispers into my lips I actually gasped, causing my mouth to open a bit.

Arthur, for some reason, looks away and bites his own lips. “Why?” I tried to face him, worry crawls onto me. Did I disappoint him? “It’s nothing my princess, just don’t tease me like that” Tease? I did not know what he meant but I asked no further questions and just gave off a smile.

He turns the horse into a halt and makes me face him. Into my eyes he looks deeply, “I respect Prince Torren, therefore I shall not do anything a couple does unless we are legal. Even if I badly wanted to kiss you… to have you—“ I gasp. My cheeks surely turned pink. “—I still restrain myself because you are not mine..” And somehow I feel pain in his voice.

I quickly reach for his hand and bring it to my face. “I am yours and you are mine, my knight” I assure him. It’s true.  We’ve been together ever since I was fourteen summers and he was seventeen, and I began to realize my love for him since seven. He caresses my face and his look turns gentle. “I know. But I don’t want us this way forever.” His hand now holds my own and presses it.

“I will win battles, protect our kingdom—protect you. And gather riches, and honor and loyalty from people. Only then will I ask your hand in front of your brother and be with you until the end of eternity” He ended his sentence with a kiss on my hand. Ever as always my heart is move. Truly will we be together ‘til the end of eternity.

Eternity. Until the end of eternity. That was what he said…but is very impossible now.

Tears sprang my eyes again. How could this happen?

Feina, my maid, has finished fixing my hair into a celtic knot half-updo that only fits for counseling and—marriage.

I once again felt my chest stricken at the thought.

Feina finishes my hair with an elven headdress. “This headdress belongs to your mother, milady. It was said to be given to her by an elf, her greatest friend, Serathari.” I smile weakly. “It’s beautiful” Whispered I did. But I wasn’t lying, the headdress is truly fascinating.

With its shining silver, and magnificent waves and jewels, I am captivated. “You are a bride-to-be milady. You must be happy” I look away. She’s right.

But how could I? After waking up from a nightmare, I found out my brother knew what is between me and Arthur. Now he’s thrown in the prison cell and my surprise marriage is moved three days earlier.

My heart breaks for him… for us. Doomed we are. I bit my lip—it hurts to know that all our plan in the future will be gone so fast.

I thought it was fine with him… I thought it was alright to marry Arthur, my brother Prince Torren’s greatest knight. But this? “Why?” I sob.

Feina panics and questions my sadness. “Milady! What has caused your tears? Please not be forlorn. King Lechlan will be here in an hour—“ But I did not let her finish. “DO NOT! Speak of him and his name.” I stand up to leave my room, and Feina, dumbstruck in my room.

No way am I going to marry King Lechlan; no way am I marrying a wicked stranger!

I hurried to the council hall where my brother is. I have to stop this marriage.

I wipe my face and compose myself. Even if my decision will anger my brother, then so be it.