02

Kiaran Lanier
2 weeks later
October 22, 2019
6:00 p.m.

I plopped on my couch not even bothering to take off my outside clothes. Today I did interviews back to back and I'm tired as hell. Before I could even close my eyes to go to sleep, my phone starts to ring.

"Hello?"I said in the most irritated voice.

"Well shit. Hello to you too." It was my friend Helena.

"What do you want?"

"I'm coming over ."

"Why?"

"Cuz I haven't seen you in a long time. You're cranky ass needs to go to sleep. Leave the door open. See you in an hour."

This bitch really hung up on me. I went to unlock my door and then went back to the couch and fell asleep.

*2 hours later*
"KIARAN"
I jumped up so quick. My heart was literally racing. Thought I was boutta have a heart attack.
"HELENA! YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA ME THE FUCK. How long have you even been here??"

"I got here an hour ago, but I wanted to let your cranky ass sleep. But most importantly, what's this?" She was holding an invitation.

"Just some birthday party and why the fuck are you snooping through my house?"

"It was on your fridge."

"Why you snooping through my fridge?"

"I was hungry. Hey, stop trynna change the subject. Whose Roddy Ricch?"

"Just some rapper I interviewed like three weeks ago. I got the invitation in the mail a week ago."

"Okayyyy soooo are you going? It's today."

"No."

"Why the fuck not?"

"I don't do good in social settings like that."
Overall I would classify myself as a shy person, especially with new people. The only reason I'm not shy on the radio is because 1. I'm getting paid for that and 2. There's a script. It's like I already have all the questions I'm going to ask written down so there's less of a possibility of me messing up. But, when it came to parties or kickbacks I wasn't a huge fan. Not because they weren't fun, but because I'm such an awkward person so it's hard for me to keep up conversations and make friends.

"If you put it on your fridge and not straight in the trash then you were considering going at some point. Plus, I think it'll be good for you to make more friends in the Atlanta area."

When I moved to Atlanta, Helena was one of the first people I met. She has been the only person that I really hang out with. She still kept talking to me even though our first interaction was awkward. She knew I had problems with being social, so she took that into consideration and got to know me more and figure out the real me. Helena is the complete opposite of me. She's a social butterfly that loves to go out to parties, get drunk, smoke, and all that jazz. People naturally gravitate towards her. Her being this outgoing person also helps her modeling career. She's always traveling for different gigs so whenever she's gone it's just me, myself, and I. Maybe she's right. People always tell me I need to enjoy my young adult years before I have real responsibilities.