07

Kiaran Lanier
February 22, 2020
5:00 p.m.

"Why do you need a dog again?", Helena asked.

"I be lonely. And I have baby fever, but I can't have that, so I'm getting the next best thing."

"I mean you could..."

"Hell no, I can't. Kids are not in my plans anytime soon."

"Hmm." Helena walked up to the glass looking at the different dogs. "This lil bitch ugly", she said pointing at one of the dogs.

"Helena, that's mean as fuck. It's not ugly. No one ugly. Don't say that. It just looks different."

"Yea aighttt", she said making a face.

"Ladies do you need any help?", said a woman coming from no where.

"Ummm no. I think we'll come back another time", I said catching my breath because she actually scared me.

"Alrighty. Have a great day!"

"You too", Helena and I both said exiting the store.

"Girl, she scared the shit outta me."

"I could tell," Helena said laughing.

We both got into my car and started heading back over to my house.

"So how's you and that boy you mentioned a while ago?", I asked.

"Ha. He's long gone."

"What happened?"

"He couldn't accept the fact that I needed to travel for my job. His insecure ass always thought I was cheating."

I looked at her questioningly because I knew Helena. "Did you ever cheat?"

There was a little pause before Helena spoke up. "Yes.... but he was accusing me before I even cheated like damn, let me at least give you a reason to be mad."
I just shook my head. She knows damn well I don't support her antics.

"Anywayssss, how's Ricch?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean?"

"Umm we haven't talked in a while."

I haven't talked to Roddy in a week. I just assumed he was busy but unfortunately there's a part of me that's overthinking everything and keeps thinking that he cut me off. It's probably that stupid kiss I did or maybe I'm just annoying. I was a little sad about it but life goes on of course.

"Well it sounds like you bothered by it, so why don't you text or call him?"

"First of all, I'm not bothered and I don't wanna bother him. He probably has important things to do."

"Hmm. Whatever helps you sleep at night."

We pulled up to my house and went in carrying all our bags from shopping.

"Aye, you trynna smoke?", I asked Helena.

"Whattttt?!?! Bitch when you started smoking?"