Living.

One day of pure awkwardness and suddenly I saw a massive flaw. If we were that awkward together then surely I couldn't ever really get with him and we had wasted months of our lives. I was only 25 though and he was only 26. We had time.

"Shayne. I am going to run to the hospital to grab my things for when I start. I will be a few hours most and an hour at the least. The interviews all went well so they won't have questions for me. Do you want me to grab anything while I am out there?" He turned from his laptop and nodded before picking up his phone.

"You said you were cooking tonight. You will need to grab those ingredients and could you grab me some bananas?" I nodded and closed the door with a small wave. Some relationships were just awkward, right?

The car was climbed into and I rang my sister. She would be returning from work and the traffic would be boring.

Hey, Aphie.

Hey, Tia. I need help. Won't lie, I am calling just for your help.

Okay. What is it?

So, I am out here and it is so awkward. My first hour here he saw me in a towel, saw all my underwear and we kind of cuddled but I wanted to sleep so that is the only reason. We barely talk and he is so awkward with me and I am not sure what to do.

He likes you. Just, put yourself in a position where he can kiss you. I mean, you haven't really looked at a guy properly since he came into your hospital.

Not my hospital and his friend had a concussion. I had to treat him.

Well, do you find Mr Blonde attractive?

Yeah.

Then when you get home from wherever you are, because I can hear the car, just kiss him.

No. I am not like you. Romance isn't part of me and he isn't that different.

What is happening tonight?

I am making dinner.

Get him to help or make moves at the table. Come on girl.

I am at the hospital so need to go. Love you.

Aphrodite.

Tia, don't go warning me. I will talk later. Bye, baby.

I hung up and turned off the engine before walking into the hospital. I had to queue for the reception but got in quickly.

"My name is Aphrodite. I am due to pick up my starter package today because I begin work in five days." The man at reception nodded and clicked a few times before wheeling back a little.

"The MD is out and your supervisor is also so we will have to show you around today and questions may have to wait until you join us next week. If you follow me and I can show you around. It will only be a second." I silently gestured for him to go ahead.

Tall, married and he seemed kind. A potential friendly face. As we walked around he was greeted by most staff so he was almost definitely a friend of the whole hospital. Not that it particularly mattered because I would learn their names and get comfortable with them. Hopefully.