Chapter: 15

Rikka's POV

Ira continued to cry in my arms as I sat there, trying to calm him down.

"Ira.. why are you so upset? What's wrong?" I asked him

He didn't reply

"Is it me? Are you upset with me?" I asked

He still didn't reply, but he shook his head.

"Is it the Cures? Do you still think that they won't accept you? Because they do Ira! They do! They were the ones who helped me cure you!"

Again, Ira didn't reply. I was starting to run out of options. What could possibly cause Ira so much distress?

"It's just .." Ira said quietly

"It's what Ira?"

"I've just been remembering.. my past.. and my childhood... things that I didn't want to remember..."

"I see.." I began to slowly stroke his hair.

"You know, it might make you feel better if you talk about it. That is, if you want to. I'm not trying to pressure you or anything. I just want you to know that I care about you Ira. And you're very lucky that people care about you. Me, Mamon and even the Cures! So please don't go through this alone"

Ira pushes away from me,"Y-You don't understand Rikka"

I grabbed his hand, "Then make me. Make me understand"

Ira grit his teeth and looked down, trying to avoid eye contact with me.

He sighed, "You're a really amazing girl Rikka... you know that..?"

He spoke really quietly, I didn't quite understand what he said. I continued to hold his hand, waiting for his answer.

Ira's POV

I took a deep breath.

"Well.. you already know that I'm an orphan. My dad disappeared so I only had my mom. I've also been bullied a lot as a kid.. and when my mom died, everything just fell apart for me. I started hating my dad, and questioning about why he left my mom to suffer.. why he left me.."

"Bel ended up finding me and he convinced me to work for King Jikochuu.. as a result, I basically grew up with Mamon and Bel.. and Gula and Leva."

"Then.. when you asked me about how I ended up getting in the ocean that time I had amnesia.. I didn't answer because that time really made me think. Leva and Gula we're making fun of me which made me leave the hideout and resulted the whole incident. But that's not the point"

"The point is, remember when I used to get made fun of when I was a kid. Then my whole past started whirling in my brain, which took me so long to forget. I ended up answering you rashly and hurtfully.

"With this whole traumatic experience, I couldn't think straight. Which is why I thought that I should leave before things get worse.. but I was wrong.." Ira looked at all his wounds, "Things did end up getting worse.."

My voice started to break, "I-I didn't want this to h-happen.. I just wanted to b-be with you Rikka... but.. my anger got ahold of me.. and tore me ap-apart"

At this point, I was on the verge of tears."The reason wh-why I ran away.. was because.. this is the f-first time I felt love.. It was such a new feeling that I took it the wrong way. I didn't want to hurt you Rikka.. b-because ..

I closed my eyes

"Because I loved you so m-much..!!"

At that moment, I felt weight being pushed against me, making me almost fall backwards. I opened my eyes to not see Rikka in front of me, but hugging me tight.

"I love you so much Ira!" She said, "More than you ever know"

My eyes widened, my whole body was shaking. I brought my shaking hands up and enclose them around her back.

"I'm so sorry that you felt this way Ira. I'm so sorry that you felt so lonely and misunderstood." Rikka cried, " If only I had known what exactly you have been through, could've helped you. You have no idea how helpless I felt seeing you hurt yourself."

"I'm sorry Rikka, I'm sorry I made you worry. I was so caught up in my own problems I hurt you, I didn't even care about what you felt" I told her.

"Putting blames on ourselves won't fix anything" Rikka said, "We've apologized and we forgive eachother right?"

"Yes"

"I just want to let you know that, you don't need to feel lonely anymore. You have me! You have the Cures! And Mamon cares so much about you! Don't trap yourself in the dark Ira, come into the light. I will never misjudge you"

"T-Thank you Rikka"

I felt so relieved to have her holding me tight. Her soft blue hair, beneath my finger tips. Her chest by mine. Her voice, comforting me

Rikka pressed her hair against my back and squeezed me tighter. "What's important now is that you're here

with me.

And that you're safe".

Aaaaaand how did you guys think about that? Does that resolve anything? Kinda?

Although, the anticipation is over! The final chapter is next!!