★ | 003. friday night bites

Book: All Loved Up
Chapter 3: Friday Night Bites
Word Count: 3821

"I'm not saying don't date the guy, I'm just saying take it slow

"I'm not saying don't date the guy, I'm just saying take it slow." Bonnie said, her voice soft yet tense at the same time. Lana closed the car door and looked at her confused. For someone who was all for Elena dating Stefan a few days ago, she sure had changed her tone since than.

"You are the one who said to go for it." Elena said in disbelief, pointing a finger at her best friend.

"Now, I'm saying take it slow." Bonnie shrugged as they started their walk up to the school. Lana continued to stare at her, trying to see if there was any ounce of humour on her face to indicate she was joking. There was none. Bonnie was completely serious.

"Why the about face?"

"It's not an about face. You're single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field." Bonnie suggested.

Lana snorted and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Weren't we just joking about Elena being the virgin Mary? She's the last person you would see playing the field. Seriously, what are you keeping from us."

Bonnie shook her head. "It's stupid." Elena and Lana shared a glance before each one grabbed an arm of Bonnie's, halting her. It was clear neither of them were going to drop it until she spilt the secret. "I accidentally touched Stefan and I got a really bad feeling."

"Wait, are you talking about that night at the Grill when you gave him her number?" Lana asked. Bonnie nodded her head, a deep frown on her lips.

"Is that it?" Elena asked. Bonnie huffed and spun around to walk away but Elena grabbed her arm and stopped her. "Bonnie." She said sternly.

Bonnie looked between them helpless. "It was a really bad feeling." She euthanized. Lana pursed her lips. Of course she believed her but honestly, how could she know Stefan was a bad guy just by touching him? She wasn't really psychic.

Elena tilted her head to the side and sighed, "is this the whole witch mojo thing again?"

"You know what, I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern for my best friends new boyfriend." Bonnie changed her tone.

Finally Elena's expression softened and she laughed, turning Bonnie towards her and smiling. "And I love you for it. I do but I feel good. It's been a hard year and I'm kinda starting to feel that things are getting back to normal again and you know what? Stefan is a big part of that."

Lana couldn't help but smile. Bonnie might not like him but for the sole reason that he was making her sister happy, Lana had to give him a chance. She wasn't about to get in the way of her sisters new found happiness. Unless Bonnie gave her a better reason than a feeling.

"Morning Elena." Speak of the devil. "Morning Lana, Bonnie." Stefan greeted the other two.

"Hey, um, I gotta find Caroline. She's not answering her phone so... see you guys later." Bonnie said, ignoring Elena's protests and walking ahead. Lana followed after her, giving Elena and Stefan the alone time she was sure they wanted.