★ | 011. bloodlines

Book: All Loved Up, The Vampire Diaries

Chapter 11: Bloodlines

Word Count: 4522

Lana tried to get out of her seat, but it was useless

Lana tried to get out of her seat, but it was useless. It wasn't working and she was stuck in place as the unknown man came closer towards her. She let out a shrill scream.

Something scared the man off and he speed away before her eyes. She jumped in fright as a face popped into her vision. "How ya doing in there?" Damon asked with a smirk.

Lana blinked, her eyes becoming heavy. "Damon?" Her voice was weak.

Damon dropped his smirk, his eyes filling with worry. "You look stuck."

"It's my seat belt. I can't get it."

"Shh Shh Shh. Let me get you out of there. I want you to put your hands on the roof. Just like that. You ready? 1, 2, 3." Damon ejected her seat belt but before she could fall and hit her head, Damon caught her, wrapping his arms around her tightly. "I got you." He got her out and carried her bridal style. "Are you okay? Can you stand? Is anything broken?"

Lana's mind was hazy. Something could have been broken but she wouldn't know. "I - I don't think so."

He tried to put her down but she swayed on her feet. He had to catch her again before she fell. "Whoa, you're fading fast, Lana. Lana, look at me." He put his hands on her cheeks and made her face him. "Focus. Look at me. Okay."

She tried to focus on his face, on his pale skin and his bright blue eyes. She tried to hold onto anything that would keep her awake but she couldn't. She slipped into unconsciousness.

Damon wrapped his arms around her. "Upsy-daisy." He picked her up bridal style again and looked at her face, tracing his eyes over her. She was so beautiful.

He quickly looked away and began walking her to his car.

★ ★ ★

Lana felt her eyes slowly open. She tried to take in her surroundings. Was she... in a moving car? "Morning." Her eyes widened as she saw Damon beside her, looking like nothing was wrong.

"Where are we?" She questioned as she looked out the window, not recognising where they were.

"Georgia." He answered simply.

"You're joking, right?" She asked hopefully, he just shook his head. "Oh, you're not. That's just - that's just great. I've been kidnapped by a psycho vampire. This is great."

"Your sarcasm is not appreciated." Damon said with a raise of his eyebrows. "How are you feeling?"

She patted herself down, just now remembering she was in a car crash. "I - I think I'm fine."

"There's no broken bones. I checked." He said and she breathed a sigh of relief.

"But my car... there was a man... I hit a man. But then he got up, and... who was that?" Her memory was slowly coming back to her and she shivered as she remembered the fear that ran through her when she saw the man coming towards her.