★ | 012. unpleasantville

Book: All Loved Up, The Vampire Diaries
Chapter 12: Unpleasantville
Word Count: 3380

Book: All Loved Up, The Vampire Diaries Chapter 12: UnpleasantvilleWord Count: 3380

Lana looked across the table towards her girlfriend. They were on a date at the Grill, getting some dinner. "I can't believe you're adopted. I never saw that coming." Bonnie said after Lana had told her everything that had happened.

She had been struggling with her emotions since she found out. This was the first time she had really talked about it. It was hard to talk to Elena because she hadn't left Stefan's side.

"And it gets weirder. I looked at my birth certificate. It lists Miranda and Grayson Gilbert as my birthparents. None of it makes any sense." Lana shook her head.

"Which is why you should ask Jenna." Bonnie gave her a look and Lana groaned. "First of all, the Lana I know would always want the real truth, good or bad."

"And second of all?"

"You just found out your sisters boyfriend is a," Bonnie looked around before whispering, "vampire, so unless your birthparents are aliens... How bad could it be?"

Lana laughed and leaned her hand across for Bonnie to grab. "I really hope they aren't aliens." She said with a pout.

Bonnie giggled as well as she held onto her hand. She looked down, her smile falling when she saw the mark on Lana's wrist.

"It doesn't hurt." Lana said when she noticed her girlfriends stare. It was the mark she got when she saved Damon. He had offered her his blood but she had rejected it. It wasn't that bad of a wound anyway and she'd rather let it heal on his own.

"It shouldn't have happened in the first place." Bonnie said. "He shouldn't have taken you away."

"It actually wasn't that bad." Lana said.

"You're joking, right?"

Lana shrugged. "Besides the whole Damon nearly being murdered thing. Other than that it was pretty fun and trust me, it hurts saying that."

"You're sure he didn't compel you?"

"He didn't compel me."

"Don't let him here you saying you enjoyed your time with him. He will kidnap you again."

"I think he'll do it either way." She paused when she saw Bonnie's expression. "I'm only joking. He won't kidnap me again. Now let's stop talking about Damon and enjoy our date."

"Aw, you were talking about me?" How sweet." Damon appeared beside them.

"Damon..." Lana said with a groan. "What do you want?"

"I'm actually here to see little witch." He turned to Bonnie. "I think we need a fresh start." Lana raised her eyebrows at that.

Bonnie glared at him, "you tried to kill me."