Aaron Rodgers

Warning: These events are all made up.

"No!" You screamed with the rest of the crowd.

Aaron Rodgers had just been sacked. Most people in the crowd were worried about that because they had lost eight yards. You were worried about Aaron. You knew that play would bug him. He would still be feeling bad once he arrived home. Especially, if the Packers lost this game. You silently prayed they would win. Just so Aaron wouldn't mope, but with two minutes left and the Packers down by six, you knew chances were slim.

The offense went up to the line. They had 15 yards for a first down, 40 yards to score a touchdown. Aaron called the play. The center snapped the ball. Aaron stepped into the pocket, looked around, but he didn't see anyone open. The Eagles defense was closing in on him. Aaron saw Jordy Nelson down at the twenty yard line. He quickly threw the ball to him, hoping. Nelson would catch it. He wasn't able to tell whether or not it was caught, before he was tackled. He assumed that Jordy caught it, based on the cheering of the crowd. He couldn't tell for sure though. He was still on the ground. That hit roughed him up.

You gasp. "Come on Aaron. Don't be hurt. Get up. Please don't be hurt," you mutter.

As if hearing you, Aaron slowly got up, with the help of the trainers. The crowd was silent. He was lead to the sideline. You shudder. The coach called a timeout. You sit there, for a good three minutes, absolutely silent. You could not speak. It was like this every time he got hurt. You would stand wide eyed, until he went back on the field or called you. After, what seemed like an eternity, he went back in the field. You let out breath you didn't realize you were holding in.

"Oh thank god." You knew that if he was injured, his team definitely wouldn't win. He would beat himself up if that happened.

He had his team huddle. They one minute left. Once he told them the play, they lined up. The ball was snapped. The receivers ran a route you had never seen. That was strange. You knew every different play. You helped Aaron memorize them. He claimed it helped him for you to know them as well. Aaron threw the ball the Cobb he caught it, but he was tackled at the two. It was first and goal. They lined up again, and he was sacked! You were starting to worry. However, Aaron was fine this time. Second and goal from the eight yard line. Fourty seconds. Eddie Lacy ran for seven yards. They had ten seconds to score. He called the play and he got the ball. Looking around, he discovered that none of his receivers were open. He made the descion to try to run it in. He ran into to the end zone. They scored a touchdown! They could taste victory in their mouths. But it wasn't over yet. They were tied. They just need to make the point after touchdown. Aaron went off the field pumping his fist. The kicker made it!

You jumped up and started cheering. You were so proud if him. After the game, you tried to go down to see him, but you couldn't get through. You shrugged and went home. When you got home, you looked at the time it was 11:34. Definitely time for bed. You had work tomorrow. You sighed. You were hoping you could see Aaron before you went to bed.
"Oh well," you said softly, "I'll see him tomorrow after work."

You got in bed and started drifting to sleep. It was about midnight when you felt the bed dip down on the other side. You felt an arm rest on your waist and a pair of lips on your shoulder, whispering goodnight. You turn around and nestle your face into his chest. He responds by nuzzling his face into your hair.
"Good job. I'm proud of you," you whisper.

You feel him smile and you know that what you said means the world to him.

Note: This was fun to write! I also happen to be watching the Packers game right now. Up twenty seven on the Eagles. Jeez. They are on fire. I really hope you like this!