Chapter 1 - Sabrina

Sabrina Evanston

The first day of senior year. Hell. Not like I enjoyed last year much. I participated in some things. But just like I wanted to be in here so bad, I wanted to leave so fast.

I walked into the main office of the school and stood in line as others students waited to receive their schedule and locker combination for the year. When I reached the front of the line, the principle, Mrs. Greene, greeted me, "Good Morning!"

She was always a chirpy lady. Strange considering most of the students at Rickwood High are bad kids.

"Good Morning Mrs. Greene." I replied to her. She looked up from her position at the desk and asked for my name. "Sabrina Evanston." I hear her muttering my name under her breath as she looks for my schedule and locker combination. She pulled it out and handed it to me.

"Have a good year Sabrina." I nodded to her and began to walk away. Which meant squeezing between students that were already in line. Once in the hallway I look down at my locker information. "Locker 193." I muttered to myself.

Lucky enough that was my locker last year. I immediately found it. Twisting in my combination I grabbed my supplies from my bag put it in the locker and closed it. I looked down at my schedule and hurried to English 4. Which is on the second floor.

I rushed into the class with at least ten minutes to spare. I walked up to the teacher. "Hello sir, my name is Sabrina Evanston." I said sticking my hand out for him to shake.

He shook it. "Hello Sabrina, my name is Mr. Thomas and I am your English teacher this year." He was kind of cute and he looked no younger than 28 years old. I walked to the second row and took a seat on the far edge of the class.

I sat on my phone texting my best friend Emma who was a Senior here at Rickwood too. She was in History class and said she didn't like the teacher already. Emma is a beautiful girl with hazel eyes and brunette hair that falls a little bit past her shoulders. She's mixed with African, Indian and Mexican. Weird, I know.

But she's still my bestfriend. We've known each other since we were in 3rd grade. She retook her 9th grade year over because she wouldn't have had enough credits to graduate. She is now still a year behind so we're in the same grade.

Since she had always been a grade behind, her parents forced her to skip 6th grade. I was stuck in 5th without her. But 8th grade year was the worst.

Without Emma with me, people used it as an opportunity to bully me. Emma was the cheer captain and I was known as her little sister. Don't ask I don't know why either. We don't look alike except for our noses.

So once Crystal was cheer captain in 8th, she used it as an opportunity to bully me in front of everyone. I did self harm at one point. But my mom found me lying in a pool of blood and I almost died. Since then I've always promised her that I would never cut again.

The bell rang causing my conversation with Emma to be cut short. I looked up while putting my phone away. Everyone that was late was filing into the class. I pulled a notebook and pen onto my desk. As if I would need it, I thought.

"Alright class, settle down." Mr. Thomas said. The girls were making googly eyes at him so they were already quiet. The boys however were making most of the ruckus in the back of the class.

"My name is Mr. Thomas and I will be teaching 12th grade English to you." He said writing his name on the board. He turned around and looked at everyone. "Does anyone have a clue about what we will be studying this year?"

I shyly raised my hand. He pointed at me. "Yes, Sabrina." I blushed, feeling a bunch of glares on my head. "Classical Literature?" I answered in a questionable tone.