"Death Metal"

"Hey, I gotta get ready for archery class. I'll see you at dinner" Nico said to Will as he walked out of the Apollo cabin. The two of them had been watching a movie, but Nico had somewhere to go, so they had to cut their movie short.

       About 5 minutes after Nico had left, Will noticed something laying on the bed where Nico had been sitting. He reached over to pick it up, and found that it was the younger boy's iPod.

       It was unlocked, and in his music section. "Huh" Will muttered "That's why he wasn't really paying attention to the movie"

       Will, being slightly nosy, looked through Nico's music. There was his Bon Jovi playlist (Which Will had introduced him  to), his Pierce the Veil, and his Indie rock.

        At the very bottom, there was one last playlist, labeled 'Death Metal'.

       Will, still being a snoop, opened the playlist, not sure what to expect. He knew Nico was into some pretty dark stuff, so he wouldn't be surprised to find some unintelligible screamo with pictures of human heads and stuff.

        He clicked on a random song, not really paying attention to what it was. Will wasn't sure what to expect, but the music that started playing shocked him more than any screaming.

       Will quickly paused the song, and scrolled through the playlist. Every single song was just like the one playing. It wasn't Death Metal. It was Taylor Swift.

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        After getting over his shock, Will nearly doubled over laughing. He pressed play on the first song he had clicked on, finding that it was 'Shake it Off' by Taylor Swift. He laughed as he listened to it, unable to imagine Nico dancing around and singing along with it.

        He scrolled through again, and discovered that very single Taylor Swift song, even those from her very first album (Don't ask why he knows that), were in the list.

       He wanted to run after Nico, and ask him about this, but he decided to wait. In the meantime, he was going to listen to all the songs and attempt to vividly imagine Nico dancing dorkily to them.

        While in his skull underwear.

                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        That night at dinner, Will waved at Nico, but didn't say anything. He wanted to see how long it took Nico to figure out something was up.

        After dinner, Nico walked up to Will. "Not talking to me, eh?"

       "Sorry, didn't get the chance. I was kinda rushed." Will lied. "Oh, you left you iPod in my cabin."

      "Oh, okay" Nico said, not looking nervous at all. He clearly didn't think that his boyfriend had discovered his Taylor Swift obsession.

       "Yeah, you have interesting taste in music." Will said with a small smirk, hoping he didn't start laughing and give himself away.

       "My Indie stuff isn't that weird" Nico said, obviously not understanding.

      "No, I mean your 'Death Metal'. I didn't know you were into that."

      "Oh, yeah, Death Metal. I don't, like, eat people's heads, but I do, um, listen to it." Nico murmured nervously. He hoped and prayed that Will hadn't opened the playlist or listened to any of the music.

       "So here's your iPod" Will said, handing the device to Nico. It was locked, so Nico didn't think anything of it. But at the exact moment Nico took it and was going to put it in his pocket, 'Shake it Off' started playing at the loudest possible volume.

        Nico looked up with a completely mortified expression, to find Will doubled over laughing, shaking so hard he looked like he might explode.

       "What. Did. You. Do?" Nico snarled, desperately trying to stop the music. After about 10 seconds he finally got into the iPod and turned it off.

       Will was still laughing so hard he could barely breathe, but he managed to get out "I... didn't know you... liked Taylor... But when I... found out... I thought everyone... should know too." Will gestured to the crowd that had gathered due to the loud music.

        "Hey Nico" Someone called. "Do you really have Taylor Swift songs on your phone?"

      "No" Nico replied, shouting at whoever it was. "That was just a prank Will pulled. Now leave."

       The crowd shuffled away, and Nico turned on Will. "Why did you do that?"

        "Oh, I just thought it would be funny. I mean there's nothing wrong with being completely obsessed with Taylor even if you try to pretend you like death metal." Will said, still laughing a bit. "Are you mad at me?"

        "No, I'm not" Nico said, punching him in the arm gently. "But if you ever leave your iPod unlocked around me, it'll be much worse than this. We children of Hades are very good at getting revenge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       So what so you think? It might feel a tiny bit rushed :( but I didn't start writing this until Monday afternoon because I didn't have any ideas. It's a little short (I think. I don't have a word count) but I hope you enjoy!