Ch. 19: Darkness' final breath

At last, the final battle came. Billy and friends arrived at Raven's lair, for a second and final bought. They fought Dark Raven fiercely, even though Billy got severly hurt. Once Dark Raven,  became Ultimate Raven, and saw that the little rooster boy, was weakened and already down on his knees, Ultimate Raven delightedly held Billy by the chin.

-" Give up, Hatcher?" 

He coughed.

-" I'm never, giving up without a fight."

Ultimate Raven scratched him so hard, he fell exhausted on the floor. It looked like it was the end of Morning Land's heroes...

-" Any last words, chicken?" Ultimate Raven thundered.

He glanced at Pyro Crescent.

-" Yes, but first..."

Using the remaining strength he had, he inhaled and what came out was a resounding: 

 This sounded like a normal crow, at first. But then... The impossible happened.

-" Billy...?" Pyro asked, spontaniously.

All at once she felt stuck in a paralell line between whom she was, and what she became. But then, one thing was clear that this wasn't an enemy that Raven was trying to smother, but it was her best friend, whom she cared for the most...

-" Your friends cannot help you now, Billy Hatcher."  Ultimate Raven cawed.

-" I beg to differ."  Said a strong feminine voice

With just a whack, Pyro Crescent managed to send Dark Raven and all his army flying.

-" Phoenix?" said a familiar voice. 

Billy was about to fall over, when Phoenix dashed and held him as the same time he held her. Darkness, quickly faded from her body.

-" Billy, I--I'm sorry. You're the one who brought light back to this land, I only made it darker."

-" Hey, It's alright, Phoe. Soon, Morning Land will return, to normal. Let's bring back the morning, together!"

Billy added:

-" You make our mornings brighter, in every way."